One of my cats died tonight.

I mentioned the poor kitty when we got her. I asked the Dope to help name our third cat(we ended up naming the third one River).

Anyway, poor little Inara had kidney failure and we chose to euthanize her tonight instead of a long and costly series of treatments that would end up with her dying eventually anyway.

Lovely, soft-hearted little cat that was my wife’s favorite of the three.

We’re doing all right and are very happy we have a healthy family and that neither of us are unemployed. It’s a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I just thought I’d share a little sadness happening at the Mahaloth house.

We always hoped all our cats would make it to 13 at least. She was 6 1/2. :frowning:

Very sorry to hear that. Losing a loved family member is never a “small thing”, so I don’t blame you for being sad. Even though she didn’t have as long a life as some cats, I am sure she did have a happy and comfortable life with you, which makes her much more fortunate than many other kitties.

I’m so sorry. That’s a very hard thing.

Thanks, she was a sweetie and had a very comfy life.

I’m so sorry for the loss of your kitty. My first kitty developed kidney failure (though it was well into her old age), so I know what getting that diagnosis feels like. Wishing you healing hearts.

I’m so sorry about Inara. Been there. :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear this. I send you my condolences.

Same thing happened to me recently, my kitty was really old and already diagnosed with deficits so not unexpected. But still hard.

This is a consolation. It makes me feel better to remember that my cat had a good number of warm and comfy years with me.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

I’m sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy and sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest. Godspeed Inara.

It always sucks, and never gets easier. Thanks for giving her a good life.

You have my sympathies. I had to let one of my cats go a few months back. What helped me at the time was reminding myself that he had very much stopped enjoying life, and it was better to remember the ten years he was healthy and happy than the three weeks he was in decline.

Sorry to hear about your loss of Inara, Mahaloth. Til you meet again over the Rainbow Bridge…

I’m sorry for your loss, Mahaloth. :frowning:

I had to work, so my wife filled in our kids today. My 5 year old girl was really sad, but she stopped crying and told my wife, “I’m glad we still have two cats.” Our 3 year old doesn’t get it fully.

Anyway, we’re good. We miss her, but I think it was the right decision.