One of my dogs likes watermelon

My cat loves Pop-Tarts and especially Cheeze-Wiz.

The dog in my office is deathly afraid of grapes. I find it quite odd, but notable since a few people have said their dogs like 'em. This little dog with see one, sniff it a couple times, take it into its mouth and then freak the hell out. Spitting it out, barking, and finally running around a corner to keep an eye on the offending green orb.

My cat growing up was pretty finicky, and didn;t bother with much in the way of people food. The one exception however was bacon. God that cat loved bacon. It’d sit up on the dinner table (hey, it was a shame to have the empty 4th seat) and watch us eat normally, but when we had bacon on the plates it’d sit there and wait until you weren’t looking before sticking a claw over and dragging a strip onto its placemat for dinner. You couldn’t turn your head for a second, and the cat knew it had to be sly about it. Then when one person would finish their bacon she’d subtly inch over to one of the other plates. When it was gone she’d look sad, and curl up with her head down for the rest of the meal.

One of our old dogs (now dead some seven years) would eat absolutely ANYTHING except black olives and bean dip. He’d eat refried beans, and we once fed him a can of chili, but no bean dip. (the chili episode had my dad wondering if the water heater needed replacing, so foul were the fumes).

He also ate melon of any kind, but loved carrots with an unnatural passion. When we lived in SoCal, we had a pool, natch, and a small garden next to it. We grew carrots.
This dog would undo the latch to the pool gate, pull up the carrots, take them over to the steps of the pool, wash them, and leave the tops floating. This meant whenever the dog had been in the backyard, you had to get the skimmer and get the carrot tops, dirt, dog slobber and chewed carrot bits out of the pool before you could go swimming.

Much later, about a year before he died, his eyesight wasn’t too good, and he’d snap at treats. My brother decided to be a jerk and float carrot slices in a bowl of water for him. Twenty minutes later, we had a wet dog, bowl full of masticated carrot, water and slobber, and a mess on the carpet. My brother nearly peed himself laughing.

MY DOG loves oysters on the half shell, grapes, apples and pears. he will also eat stuffed mushrooms and will drink champaign! I figure a mutt with these tastes has GOT to be a reincarnated human!

My beloved black lab, who tops 120 pounds, will climb into your lap if he suspects that at some point in the last three days you’ve been near someone who was chewing mint gum. He is a mint whore. He’ll start shaking and drooling when he gets a whiff of any kind of mint. His favorite treat is green Extra.

That must get messy after he’s done.

I had a guinea pig who loved one particular shade of lipstick. If I were wearing it, she’d lick it right off my lips. But only that shade.

No, I didn’t make it a practice to french kiss my guinea pig.

I have a cat named Annie too!

I have three dachshunds, one of which would KILL for spicy hot chili. I haven’t figured out why. I make some fairly intense chili and she starts begging long before I finish cooking. The other two dogs are wimps - they won’t touch the stuff.

Yeah, Pooka does this too. I’ll take a shower in the evening, put body lotion on and get dressed for bed, and then along comes Pooka wanting to lick off the lotion. It’s really annoying. Pooka also tries to lick off ointment, even if it’s under a band-aid. That gets beyond annoying. . .

Oh , and Pooka also likes chewing gum and breath mints. I have to make sure my purse is always out of his reach, because I usually have gum in there and he’ll dig it out and eat it.