Only 18 more days 'til Xmas. I'm not sure how much longer I can hide

Every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I try to hide from all of the holiday cheer. I don’t know why I hate it so much. I think it must be the years of forced labor decorating xmas trees. Tinsel. I hate tinsel. It took hours to get it on every twig just so. This is what you go through when OCD runs in your family.

I normally do a pretty good job of insulating myself though. I don’t go out unless I have to. I only listen to CD’s in the car - no radio - preferably some dark wave, gothic or industrial. And for tv, I scrupulously avoid the commercials.

But I’ve been particularly enervated lately and no longer the fastest remote this side of the Hudson. And the Kohl’s and Target commercials are now running in earnest - 24/7. One more “happy family” commercial and I fear for the health of my tv.

Well, okay. Happy Humbug, then.

We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Noooooo! I’m meltinggggg!!!

I’m glad I posted this. You’ve both made me laugh out loud.

I’m with you, dzero. Avoid the malls…network tv…radio…and in a few weeks, people!
For me, it’s partially the ‘holiday’ buzz going on…and partially the increased crazy crowds. I don’t feel the need to be part of either.

-D/A