"Only the little people pay their bills!" (Bill, Hillary stiff their lawyers)

“Only the Little People Pay Taxes,” said Leona Helmsley, before she went to prison. Bill and Hillary Clinton have gone her one better.

The Clintons have become fabulously wealthy since leaving the White House, but they’re still stiffing their lawyers, according to the New York Daily News.

This last sentence is the giveaway: they don’t intend to pay their bills with their own money.

It’s not as if they can’t afford to pay:

It’s just that paying their bills is beneath them. Only the [sub]little[/sub] people pay their bills.

you know, this is pretty fucking tiring.

you quote Leona Helmsely then semi attribute it to Bill and Hillary.

Seems to me, those bills were a result of defending themselves against the Whitewater inquiry which resulted in zero charges against Hillary and the one lone unrelated to Whitewater itself charge against Bill (in other words when the investigation started, the charge about Monica hadn’t even happened).

So, basically, you have two public figures who racked up a huge bill defending themselves. and other people have made contributions to help pay.

Seems to me that, Wayne Newton paid to have Dana Plato bond out of jail - why aren’t you lambasting her, too?

IT’s not any of your fucking business.

December, knock it off already. your one note has become tinny and unpleasant.

You know, there is a fine tradition of conservative thought in Amaerican intellectual history: a dedication to free markets, upholding the Constitution, maintaining a sensible fiscal policy, and advocating the rights of the individual over the encroachment of government.

Bitching about every little foible of a discredited ex-president is not part of that tradition. That’s just petty, mean-spirited partisan back-biting, and it is becoming extremely tiresome for you to keep posting OPS on whatever Rush was talking about that day.

Find something else to post about. Please.

Well I have to disagree, it is the public’s business, because an independent counsel investigation and prosecution that results in a not guilty verdict entitles the persecuted to have their legal fees paid for by the public, kinda like the $50 million that Ken Starr and Robert Ray pocketed between their teams for bringing the bullshit up in the first place. As I and most of the nation recall, Hillary was never charged, entitling her to get her legal fees, and Bill Clinton was found not guilty in the Senate on all three charges. As such, why shouldn’t the public finish paying for the far right’s witch hunt as that is what the law requires? It seems that they are so big on upholding the letter of the law, except when it would ruin their political enemies.

Oh, but wait, the original post doesn’t cover this point at all. Why is that? Why is Clinton hatred so one sided? Just part of the facts, and let’s twist those too.

What gobear said. The one-trick anti-liberal-Clinton-EU-Palestinian act is more than a touch tiring. Whatever valid points you have are quickly getting lost in the repetitive sludge of rent-a-comment cites and sneering digs. Please, keep posting, but change the tune.

I know this is off subject, but ???

DPWhite, didn’t Bill agree not to seek compensation as part of the deal by which the Inquisitor’s Office agreed not to see prosecution? Without a kind of a face-saving way out, Starr and Ray might still be at work.

Megadittos on the comments re hatred. Limbaugh (or was it Paul Harvey who either lied or is not being properly credited by december here?) would blame Clinton for a rainy day. Fifty years hence, if they live that long, too, I’ll betcha.

But here in the home of Billy, rain is a good thing (for the time being). We’re in a drought warning/emergency condition currently. So do we blame him for today’s rain (or for the drought - I’m so confused) :stuck_out_tongue:

“I’ll take ‘things I can’t believe I know’ for $1000 Alex”
the answer is yes he did

Did I ever tell you that I once slept with Wayne Newton? I did, but I don’t want to tell you the details. It set the river of my soul spinning into a vortex of emotions that I’m only now recovering from, and you wouldn’t understand.

Is anybody still paying attention to what Bill Clinton is doing?

Just december. Methinks he has a hardon for the former President.

Oh, Dee, you big tease! C’mon, spill, and I’ll tell you about the time Bob Goulet gave me a hand job behind the 7-11. It was magical.

If anyone should care, shouldn’t it be the Clintons’ lawyers? I’m sure that if they really wanted the money from the Clintons right away, they’d do something about it. Meanwhile, as long as the law firms don’t care that Bill and Hillary are taking their sweet time paying them back, why should I?

Cite? I’ve heard this elsewhere and I haven’t found its basis yet.

We have a winner, folks! If the law firms are concerned about the bills, they can institute collection proceedings. If they don’t care about the debt–and they already profited hondsomely in publicity and prestige–then why should we?

If the law firms don’t care about the debt, I’ll eat my hat.

minty and Melandry, can you supply examples of law firms who didn’t care about whether they collected millions of dollars that was owed to them? [Insert lawyer joke.]

Do you think that the firms’ failure to have instituted collection proceedings might just have something to do with the fact that they’d be suing a sitting US Senator and an ex-President? :smiley:

I challenge you to find a cite that the Clinton’s law firms don’t care about collecting the money.

If the law firms don’t care about the debt, I’ll eat my hat.

minty and Melandry, can you supply examples of law firms who didn’t care about whether they collected millions of dollars that was owed to them? [Insert lawyer joke.]

Do ya think the firms’ might be a tad uncomfortable about suing a powerful U.S. Senator and an ex-President?

I challenge you to find a cite that the Clinton’s law firms don’t care about collecting the money.

And this is OUR problem, how?

“I kicked a giant mouse in the butt! Do I have to draw you a picture?” – Homer Simpson

You’re the one who’s all outraged. How about you show us they do care? I would think their silence is pretty indicative of apathy here.