Opinions on my email reply

I would have ignored it. I have an ad on Petfinders and Craigslist for a friend of mine that is trying to get a cat adopted and I had two such replies.

This was ths first. This is obviously a scam.

**"Hello
Am interested in adopt your pet which i saw on the internet
(petfinder.com) and i would like to know the conditions of the pet ,
and probably arrange for payment to get to you asap and also arrange for
the pick up once payment is confirmed by you. ( I BASED IN DALLAS TEXAS WITH
MY FAMILY ) Please acknowledge the offer and i will have the funds
remitted to you as soon as possible, and i’ll like this transaction to
be kept in outmost trust, Kindly reply back to me with your last
asking price ? also a picture of the pet, I promise
the pet a lovely home. Thanks and God Bless… …
Regards **
This second did not seem so “scammy” but I provided every detail in the ad so there was no more detail to provide.

"I`m interested and would like to know more about. Please provide more details. Thanks "

I wanted so bad to respond to the second just to say “What else do you want to know? everything is listed in the ad”

If I got a response I am sure it would have been about a money order worth 10 times the adoption fee and shipping it to Nigeria.

Maybe you were a little snarky but there are people out there that have websites dedicated to having fun with scam artists so I would not feel to bad about it.

Another vote for definitely snarky. Suggesting that he/she should have someone else around is just plain rude. Some people do really have problems, and I’d rather give them the benefit of the doubt unless I’m sure it’s just laziness rather than a real issue.

Like a lot of other people said, if you didn’t want to reply, just delete the damn email. Coming back with a condescending response doesn’t help, and perhaps you’re missing out on someone who can actaully help you. I didn’t smell a scam in the reponse.