Orgy (the band) *rolls eyes*

Once upon a time Orgy was my favorite band… then it seemed they dropped off the face of the earth leaving me dazed and confused. Does anybody know what is going on/has happened with/to the band?

I’ve heard nothing from them since CandyAss…

well…i for one am glad they’re finally out of the limelight they didn’t deserve…there are a ton of bands just like them waiting to take their place…

Their “Blue Monday” cover kicked ass. That’s all I got.

I was under the impression that they had broken up, though I’m completely unable to verify this and may very well be wrong. I liked “Blue Monday” too.

“Blue Monday” fucking ROCKED. Way better than the original.

Am i being whooshed? The only part that was good was the two times when the drum loop played from/close to the original!

They released a second album, Vapor Transmission in 2000. Any casual observer had to figure that, with that title, their career was either over or they were trying to get the label to release them from their contract.

Their drummer, Bobby Hewlitt, left to join his brother’s band Snake River Consipiracy last fall. The remaining members of Orgy are working on material for their 3rd album

as for Vapor Transmission, it had a pretty good track on it called Fiction (she dreams in Digital) that had a good video and pretty extensive airplay in my area.

and I wouldn’t say their version of Blue Monday was better than the New Order original. Just a nice change.

Jay Gordon, the lead singer, did work with Linkin Park on their remix of Points of Authority for the reanimated Album.

I saw them at the WHFS Festival back in 1999; they played after The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and before Sugar Ray.

They weren’t impressive, not at all.

I don’t know jack about the band, except that Blue Monday kicked ass.

I really liked their song Fiction: Dreams in Digital.

They suck.

Dreams in Digital was pretty good. I’ve never heard anything else of theirs

One Orgy website

THey suck mightily, and their version of Blue Monday was dead awful.

one of my ex-girlfriends, who now lives in California, claims she’s dating someone in that band. It seemed too obscure to make up.