Origin of "nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Yeah, but that makes for one of MY favorite lines in the movie:

“Get away from her, you BITCH!”

I love that movie. I would have liked it better if it was more sci-fi and less horror towards the end, but I still love that movie. And I would have liked it more if I had never seen that piece of horrible drivel that is Aliens 3 where

Newt and Hicks, whom you’ve grown to love so much, are killed off in the first five minutes of the film.

:mad: :mad:

Before anyone goes there, I loved Aliens 4, too., Just not Wynona.

Correction:

Lt. Gorman: Are there any questions? Hudson?
Cpl. Hudson: How do I get out of this chicken shit outfit.

Need to make my answers factual :slight_smile:

Interesting, the dialog in that quoted script some posts back is actually more verbose than what was in the actual movie. They eliminated some entire lines and changed others. For the better, I think.

As for Bill Paxton moments, who can forget, while on the drop-ship…
“We’re on the express elevator to hell! Goin’ down!”

Ooo, Aliens quotes:

“Hey Vasquez did anyone ever mistake you for a man?”
“No, You?”
“Where d’you want it” (We just saw Ripley 's mad forklift skills, (ahem, skilz))
“What’re we supposed to use? Harsh language?”
“I may be synthetic, but I’m not stupid.”
“You’re dogmeat pal. No offence.”

Okay, Hudson has a ton of great lines, but my favorite was his most understated.

“Yeah, but it’s a dry heat”
(This said when the steam is as thick as pea soup and stuff is dripping everywhere)

I must correct you:

Hudson: Hey, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Hudson: No, have you?

Vasquez: No, have you?

:slight_smile:

I thought it was a bit wrong.

I’m reminded of the gag about some American(?) remarking on Hamlet that: “It’s just a lot of quotes strung together”.
In the pipe. . .

That’s not actually a single quote. It’s more like:

Burke: [Hicks] can’t make that kind of decision, he’s just a grunt. [to Hicks] No offense.
Hicks: None taken. [into microphone] Ferro, you copy? We’ll need immediate evac…

And later…

Hudson: I say we grease this ratfuck son-of-a-bitch right now.
Ripley: Y’know, Burke, I don’t know which species is worse. You don’t see them fucking each over for a goddamn percentage.
Hudson: You’re dogmeat, pal.
Hicks: Okay, we waste him. [grabs Burke] No offense.
That’s not nearly exact, but I got the gist of it.
I think Newt is in close competition with Hudson for the best dialog:
“It won’t make any difference.”
“It’ll be dark soon and they mostly come at night, mostly.”
“Casey doesn’t get bad dreams because she’s just a piece of plastic.”

It’s a lot closer than I got.

Looks like a lot of us have watched this film a bit too often.

5x5

Ferro was HOT.

It’s not Aliens, but actually my favorite lines from Paxton are from another James Cameron-directed movie, True Lies, where he plays a used car salesman pretending to be a spy in order to seduce lonely wives, one of which ends up being the wife of globetrotting uberspy Harry Tasker (Arnold Schwartzenegger). While being interrogated by Tasker and his sidekick being held over the edge of a dam:

It’s actually pretty shocking to see the guy in a serious role (one of my favorites is the noir-ish A Simple Plan) where he doesn’t act like a complete ass.

Stranger

Hicks: I’d like to introduce you to a personal friend of mine. It’s the M-41A pulse rifle, with over and under pump action grenade launcher. [holds it out to Ripley] Feel the weight.

Ripley: Punch it, Bishop!

Gorman: Alright, people, now listen up. I want this thing to go smooth, and by the numbers. I want TCS and tactical database assimilation by 0830. Ordinance loading, weapons strip and drop ship prep detail in seven hours. Now lets move, people, move!

Apone: Allright ladies, you heard the man and you know the drill! Assholes and elbows. Hudson, come here. Come here!

Wierzbowski, the forgotten one.

or

I’m female and I agree she was. My DM in one of our futuristic campaigns used a sort of version of her.

Hicks was damn hot, too.

Is this the record for the number of posts to a GQ thread wherein the OP was answered in Post #2? :smiley:

Probably not, but I bet we’re edging close to the record number of posts in a GQ thread before the mods move it to the Café.

I forgot to mention, the scene where Ripley takes over the vehicle and goes to get them is probably one of my favorites. The music even is cool.

To continue the hijack, Paxton’s best line ever was 'It’s done out of love" as Chet in Wierd Science.

ID4 and Mars Attacks!

Mine, too. I distinctly remember, when seeing this scene in the theater way back when, audibly telling Ripley to “Squash those fuckers! That’s the way! Kill 'em!”, when she ran over some of the bugs with the vehicle.