Over here, Shayna.

Actually, L-L. :wink:

(Hi Euty!)

I already did. Post #942.
*Nuns live their lives to serve G-d and do His will. Clearly they believe it was G-d’s will that they were driven to adopt that precious dog. Hence, thank G-d himself that He isn’t as stupid as you are. *
And yes, he saw that reply prior to writing this post. Therefore I conclude that he wasn’t interested in a clarification, but just shooting his wad.

The whole of it was entirely tongue-in-cheek, but I guess he needed to let off some steam or something.

::shrug::

Shhhhhh. Don’t tell the nuns or the pit bulls will suffer!

G-d
*"The custom of substituting the word “God” with G-d in English is based on the traditional practice in Jewish law of giving God’s Hebrew name a high degree of respect and reverence. When written or printed, God’s Hebrew name (and many of the stand in names used to refer to God) cannot be erased or destroyed. (See below)

"There is no prohibition in Jewish law against writing out or erasing the word “God” in English. However, many Jews have afforded the word “God” with the same level of respect as the Hebrew equivalents. Because of this, many Jews substitute “God with G-d so that they can erase or dispose of the writing without showing disrespect to God.”*

I was raised Roman Catholic so I have at least as little Bible knowledge as an Episcopalian, but I thought that Jesus explained pretty clearly what He wants.

Things get less clear with the Ten Commandments, but Number 8 or 9 (depending) states “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.” Of which your continuing misinterpretation of what Shayna said, despite all explanations, could be seen as a violation. However, Shayna should look to the Devarim for guidance:

Or as I like to say,

:לה. לִי נָקָם וְשִׁלֵּם לְעֵת תָּמוּט רַגְלָם כִּי קָרוֹב יוֹם אֵידָם וְחָשׁ עֲתִדֹת לָמוֹ

:wink:

I am too exhausted to address the gravity of the stupidity of this thread right now. I am at a time in my life where I am overworked and under rested. But one day, I will have a little extra time…a bit of extra energy. And I will bump this thread to tell the OP the full scope of how fucking stupid this pitting is.

Hey! I have never coveted anybody’s maidservant, I don’t even know anybody who has a maidservant! So, I’m totally innocent on that one. As for coveting my neighbor’s ass, and if “covet” is more akin to an urge to fondle than to seize possession…might have to cop a plea on that one.

I’m wondering why the OP zeroed in on that particular thing to gripe about instead of their target’s stupidity in identifying “sometimes” as a generalization.

Not very exciting. Kind of like knowing the thoughts of a used Q-Tip. About as useful.

No, I’m suggesting reading multiple versions.

You could have just claimed you didn’t mean to capitalize it.

:confused:

Also, G_D spelled backwards is D_G… can’t be coincidence!

I would have expected it to be the offhand gun analogy in the post that would set him off.

Joe.My.God, of course. :slight_smile: