Owsley Stanley R.I.P.

The first man to mass produce pure LSD and early influence on the Grateful Dead and the Merry Pranksters has passed. Car accident in Australia.

What a shame. I had lots of great times because of him.

R.I.P. Bear

Met him briefly in Boston, (friend of a friend situation) and he seemed to be pretty impressed with himself.

I never knowingly sampled any of his personal handiwork, but I am intimately familiar with the wares of a few of his various apprentices, and thereby owe him indirect thanks for a few of the finest nights of my life.

What a long, strange trip indeed…

He was real? I read the name in an old Spider Robinson story written in the early seventies, I believe. The story took place in a future 1990s where marijuana had been legalized and solar power was cheap. I think it was “Satan’s Children”, which, despite the name, isn’t Satanic at all.

Edit: Link?

Right here.

QFT:

Wake him thus:
Pious and pure fair one, all has concomitated to this that she shall tread them lifetrees leaves whose silence hitherto has shone as sphere of silver fastalbarnstone, that fount Bandusian shall play liquick music and after odours sigh of musk. Blotsbloshblothe, one dear that was. Sleep in the water, drug at the fire, shake the dust off and dream your one who would give her sidecurls to.

Great quote. He changed my life. I should do something in his memory . . . Hmmm what to do, what to do?

I never realized he was associated with the dancing bear motif.

Just by chance he crossed the diamond with the pearl, he turned it on the world, that’s when he turned the world around.

He was just a Tachyon in their eyes.