Paint storage ideas?

Like most everyone else I’ve got several cans of leftover paint. Unfortunately, traditional a paint can will rust around the lip sometimes contaminating the paint. Also pouring the paint can be sloppy. Has anyone used Ball Mason jars. If so, are there any issues w/regard to the rubber “gasket” and latex paint? Any better ideas?

I have stored vast quantities of paint in jars. Latex or acrylic does well. It doesnt seem to affect the lid. I am careful to not get paint on the rim when i fill them or after use to facilitate opening later.The temperature affects paint more than anything. I painted a mural last year and brought a bunch of paint home. It is oil based. I put it in plastic pails with screw on lids. I opened some up last week to paint a bench and it was fine.
ETA I got the plastic pails at dollartree, they are for cereals or something.

Good to know this - Thanks. I have quite a bit of left-over paint as well, and leaving it outside (especially in excessive heat or cold) can ruin this. The plastic pails are a great idea.

I paint a lot. I find if I use one of these:
https://express.google.com/product/7069226443696970031_11364161244795047183_10142075?mall=Nevada&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx&utm_content=test_0_30
I don’t get paint on the rim and therefor no rusting.