Pandemic poll: Are you wearing pants?

I’m mostly working from home, sometimes having to go in to the office, and regularly having to appear in court on video. At home, I wear a nice blouse (you see so little of my torso that I don’t bother with a suit jacket) and comfy black leggings (just in case I need to stand up for some reason). At the office, I still wear a suit. But in the evenings and on weekends, I’m wearing loungewear when it’s cold and nothing when it’s warm. Fuck pants.

I’m currently working a 4 days on 12 days off schedule. Work days I’m wearing pants. Off days, only the few times I have to go to a store otherwise sweatpants.

Hmmm… thanks for that shopping tip. Just went there and bought one of their dresses. :slight_smile:

“Other”
Because it varies. Sweatpants, track suit, jeans, shorts, skirt, not yet; I just got up.
For the OP’s assertion, I prefer pants to not wearing anything. Am I wearing the slacks I wear to work? No. I work in education. I have no role in remote learning in our district.

Other. It’s still too chilly here in Big Wonderful Wyoming to wear shorts or less. Springtime in the Rockies, dontchano. Hopefully by late May shorts will be comfortable.

So… you wear your smarty-pants to work but not at home?

:slight_smile:

I would never think of shorts as “not pants”. That makes me one of the weird guys in shorts almost all of the time.

I wear long pants outdoors in winter if there is a cold snap, and in church. That’s about it.

I always get ready in the morning (wake up to my alarm, drink coffee, shower, dress - typically in jeans and an ok-ish shirt), even on weekends and regardless of where I’m working. The big difference between pre- and post-pandemic is that now that I don’t have to go into the office, I don’t wear makeup (haven’t since mid-March) or put gel in my hair.

I’m similar - I put on a work-appropriate shirt (polo or Hawaiian Friday shirt) to feel “normal”, but I’m wearing loungers, not jeans. Combining normalcy with comfort.

Are you wearing pants?

Sweats because it’s freaking cold and wet outside. Weirds out my students during video conferences because they’ve never seen me in anything but Hawaiian shirts.

Being English, can I just snerk for a sec.

OK, childishness aside (pants is the name for underwear, not outerwear over here); I normally wear trousers every day, but today it’s actually warm enough to wear a dress, and, extremely unusually for me, I decided to do that. I’m not sitting in with the curtains drawn, and that means no nekkidness in the living room, as it’s street visible; while that may encourage more people to stay in to avoid the horror, I’m still getting appropriately dressed at some point in the day.

It’s funny you mentioned that. I am in fact wearing my Friday Hawaiian shirt right now. And jeans.

I have to take my dog outside to do his business, so I have to be dressed every day. I could get away with pj bottoms – especially now – but I don’t find them comfortable in the sense that they get too warm and tend to slide around and get twisted.

Pajama pants and t-shirt when I get up, read the paper, have breakfast and check my email. I change to jeans when I brush my teeth. But this was my retirement schedule before the pandemic.

I have a house full of teenagers. They would be rather freaked out if I didn’t wear pants!

TANEYTOWN, Md. — In this new-found era of “Stay home. Save lives,” comes this Facebook post from Taneytown police—“Please remember to put pants on before leaving the house to check your mailbox.”

I am in my robe for a lot longer & later than I’d normally be, but I eventually shower and then it’s pants (or skirt) and sox and yes, shoes, because I don’t find them uncomfortable. If your clothes are uncomfortable you should pick out more comfortable clothes. Well, unless people would frown on you at work for not wearing uncomfortable clothes. In which case you should pick out more comfortable jobs and employers. If possible. sigh I suppose those days may be gone as well…