Pandemic poll: Are you wearing pants?

This reminds me of Bloom County.

“I see London, I see France, I see no need for underpants.” :slight_smile:

I’m in southern California. I’m in shorts year round. It does get somewhat chilly here in the winter, but not cold enough that a hooded sweatsuit wouldn’t keep me warm. My dog and I hike 12 miles a day outside on the local wilderness trails, virus or no.

I am wearing two pairs of pants.

I didn’t vote
(Just trying time flatten the curve!)

I sleep in sweatpants, get up and have tea and feed the dogs and write letters or in my journal until it is light enough to see outside, then I change into my jeans and go out to do the barn chores. Still in flannel-lined ones here. Sweats or yoga pants do not cut it for filling hay nets or shoveling poop. They snag, rip, get wet, and get full of chaff. Once those are done I don’t seem to get out of my jeans until bed. Garden chores, dog walking, etc.; they are all too dirty and rough.

If I ride though, I suit up in riding tights (basically they are heavyweight yoga pants with suede patches up the insides of your legs).

This has not changed at all, as I’m retired anyway.

I don’t wear dress pants or jeans, but it’s still too cold to go pantsless, especially now that we’ve had to turn on the A/C. Only when the A/C starts being not enough would I switch to shorts.

Not underwear, as I wear briefs as they’re cheap, and I find completely uncovered legs, like being shirtless, to get itchy.

Whole fam damly is here, so yes I wear pants every day. I work from home normally, and in the summer I frequently resort to a sarong. Not warm enough yet.

Sweat pants or pyjama pants only, unless I venture to the store: then jeans.

I will NEVER go to the store in sweatpants, and most definitely never, ever in pyjama pants. It’s too cold for shorts, although if this lasts into June that will probably be my go-to.

I’m still wearing pants, but on my head. So put me down for “other.”

I’ve been wearing shorts all week because the weather has been wonderful. It’s supposed to snow after today so I’ll be back in cargo pants. Luckily my dress code has very little to do with if I’m working unless I’m in court.

[Joe Wilson]You lie![/Joe Wilson] :smiley:

I like wearing pants. Well, jeans, anyway. When I’m free to wear what I want around the house, it’s jeans and a flannel shirt in cold weather, cutoffs and t-shirt in hot weather, and jeans and t-shirt in between.

I’ve never really liked wearing sweats, I don’t like wearing pajamas all day, nor do I like sitting around naked or in my underwear for long periods of time.

So I’m wearing jeans every day. I’m good with that. :slight_smile:

I’ve been retired since December, and I continue to dress as I did when I worked, well, except now sometimes I wear t-shirts during the week instead of just on the weekend. So jeans or khakis, t-shirt or polo shirt, socks and shoes from the time I dress after my morning shower till I don my sleep shirt and crawl under the covers.

I did wear shorts one day, but they won’t go into regular rotation for another month or so.

I have 5 pair of Prana Zion pants that I pretty much live in these days. I originally got a pair for travel/hiking, but they’re so comfortable I bought more and haven’t had a pair of jeans on for over a year.

I voted for the third option, but I am somewhere between the first and the third. I am wearing pants probably about 2/3 of the time, and wearing a shirt maybe half of the time.

It is known.

I always wear gym shorts when I’m at home, only wear pants when I go out.

I wear clothes out of courtesy to the step children (who are still living in their mothers house, and probably will be for life).

If it wasn’t for that, I’d be naked except while cooking.

I like wearing pants. :shrug:

I have stretch jeans on now. With deep pockets. They are comfortable and my phone is in a pocket, and a little folding knife is in another pocket.

When it’s bed time I will take off the pants. When it gets warmer I will swap them out for shorts. With deep pockets.

It’s yoga pants around here most of the time right now - they’re really nice yoga pants, actually. They look good enough that I feel perfectly fine wearing them to do grocery pickup, and they have pockets! that are big enough to hold a cell phone! which is something rather rare to find amongst women’s pants. When it gets hot I’ll probably end up in a sundress, though I don’t like wearing those when I leave the house so it’ll probably be pants again to go out.

I’ve been retired for a little over four years, so my clothing routine has not really been affected by shelter-in-place. Once I get out of bed I slip into some flannel pj bottoms and a long-sleeve T—the current one being the “Science and Reason Matter” one I had made before the March For Science in 2017, an that is relevant to our current condition. Then in late morning I shower and get dressed in whatever the weather calls for. Today it was shorts, but last week it was jeans or cargo pants. I can read the paper and respond to emails and surf the Web in the pjs, but if I want to be productive in other areas, I do feel the need to put on pants, if only for the psychological effect.

Since I live in the tropics, I normally wear shorts and a t-shirt when I’m at home anyway. I work at home anyway, so I haven’t changed the way I dress. I put on jeans and a shirt with a collar if I go to the supermarket.