PC gamers...what are you playing these days?

We seem to be somewhat in a PC game lull (or maybe it’s just me…nothing new out that I want to play, I guess), so just wondering what PC gaming 'dopers are playing these days.

Myself, I’m still playing Napoleon TW, occasionally firing up King Aurthur RPG and Fallout 3 when I’m in the mood to kill something. I pre-purchased Fallout Vegas on Steam, but going to be a while before that is out, and don’t really see much on the horizon except Star Craft II when it ships (haven’t pre-bought a copy, will probably wait until the furor dies down to get a copy, unless they have an online purchase option).

So, what’s everyone playing?

-XT

rFactor a lot lately for me (Le Mans is this weekend, so I’ve been doing some time on that track).

I’ve been back playing the Sims 3, along with the expansions. I’ll probably keep playing that until Civ 5 and Victoria II eat my time.

WoW when I want to slum with bads. Heroes of Newerth when I don’t. Team Fortress 2 when I don’t want to pay attention to other people.

I got the first Mass Effect game a couple of weeks ago. Pretty good game, but it’s glitched out on me and it usually won’t run properly (details here, if anyone cares). I’ve finished the game once though; I’m hoping to get one or two well-planned characters put together to port over to ME2 before I buy that one.

I’ve also been playing The Witcher (enhanced edition), which is rather interesting. It tries to be a lot edgier than most RPGs (cussing and drugs and nudity and whatnot). The story isn’t bad so far, and I kind of like that that I spend as much time pounding the pavement and talking to people as part of my investigations as I do killing monsters. The long loading screens are a pain, though.

I just reinstalled Oblivion today for nostalgia’s sake. I don’t know if I’ll play it much, though.

I just bought the game of the year edition of Fallout 3 today (marked down as part of a New Vegas promo). I’ve only played the vanilla version, so I’m hoping for a bunch of new stuff.

Last week I was playing Tropico 3: Absolute Power. There are a number of minor improvements over the vanilla version, but after I tried them all, the biggest change is the addition of wind turbines.

Every couple of days I play a bit of my Russian campaign in Napoleon Total War. I’m not yet at the point where I can build “unicorn” artillery yet. I’m crossing my fingers that I’m not limited in the number of 20-lbers I can recruit in campaign mode (you can only have four in a custom battle).

Needless to say, WoW is on the backburner for the moment.

That Civilization 5 is coming out soon got me curious about Civilization 4, so I just got the complete set of the game on a discount. Now and then I slip back to Mass Effect 2…on my 5th run to complete the game (now as a Sentinel…having done Soldier, Vanguard, Adept and Infiltrator)

Now and then I pop back into Lord of the Rings Online. However there isn’t any new change to game-play and I have gotten tired of the grind.

Pretty much all I play these days is Left 4 Dead 2 and an occasional bit of GTR2 (best racing sim I’ve ever played).

I haven’t much time to play lately, but any second I squeeze out of my day I try to split up into a second run though of Mass Effect 2, Majesty 2, Sup Comm 2, And beat hazard. I still haven’t finish Batman Arkham Asylum, but with the world cup on this weekend, I think I’ll have to table that game until the fall.

Lately I’ve been into Civ 4 with the Rhye’s and Fall of Europe modpack.

The old standbys: Saga of Ryzom and World of Warcraft.

At the moment, once I’ve finished my dailies in WoW I fire up Alpha Protocal or RDR. I recently bought Supreme Commander 2 as it was on offer on Steam, that will be added to my rotation once I complete one of them.

I have a ton of games that I want to finally complete. I hope to return to Divine Divinity 2 before I completely forget where I was and have to start again.

My problem is I keep half-completing games and buying new ones, or returning to my old favourites (SupCom1, X3, XCom, etc…)

Civ4/HOMMV/Oblivion. Mainly waiting for Civ5.

Aquaria (Yay, Humble Bundle), LotRO, and the occasional bout of Kings Bounty: The Legend.

Total Extreme Wrestling 2010. It’s not a twitchy fast action intense graphics kind of game. Essentially, the player takes the role of a promoter running a pro wrestling company, and deals with everything from hiring talent to booking shows. It comes with a fictional database created with amazing detail, and there are plenty of user created databases covering various real world scenarios. Available for purchase/download at Grey Dog Software

I usually only play one game at a time, and this will will likely consume most of my gaming hours for the rest of the year.

League of Legends and Starcraft II mostly. I’ve been wasting some time playing old school console RPG’s on emulators as well. It was good to see that my computer can emulate PS2 games without any lag, but it does require a beast of a machine to do it.

Civ 4 Beyond the Sword though I’m only really poking at it.

EU3 trying to make Oman a Gulf power

Zeus Master of Olympus since my kids re-discovered it. Forgot how much fun it was. :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing Star Trek Online mostly. I’m almost up to the level cap. I also play Sims 3 occasionally, but don’t have the latest expansion yet.

I’ll probably try All Points Bulletin next. I’m not a huge fan of pvp, but the customization the game offers is just too tempting not to try.

For the long wait, I’m looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV and Star Wars The Old Republic. FFXIV looks like its catering to casual play, letting you switch classes simply by changing your gear (that was one of the best ideas I saw come out of Free Realms). SWTOR is trying to put the story into MMORPG. Both will be worth a try.

Still haven’t gotten around to really getting into Crysis and Far Cry 2. Hopefully by the time I finish those there’ll be a discounted BioShock with Expansion packs.

This reminds me - I keep meaning to start a thread about PC upgrades (I’m about 3 yrs old now). It’ll have to wait til I get back though.

I recently played through BioShock. It was fun, but I didn’t think it was great. I have still to finish Half-Life 2 Episode Two. I’m saving it for as long as possible.

I keep meaning to finish Far Cry 1 but I have to reinstall it and start again from the beginning.

The next game I want to get is Crysis because I want to see how it preforms on my rig.

Specs:

Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz Extreme Edition Processor (Hyper-threaded)
ATI Radeon 3850 AGP Turbo by HIS Digital
Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM SATA HDD
4 gigs Kingston HyperX Ram PC3200
Windows 7 Home Premium
Corsair TX650W PSU

Depending on the mood, these past few days/weeks I’ve been playing :

• UFO:Aftermath
  • X-Com (yes, the old, original one. What can I say ? It’s still awesome)
  • Dominions 3 (finally plopped down for the full game, still too shy/abysmally bad to attempt multiplayer)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Skies. But I can’t play it for too long because it stresses the hell out of me. In a good way, mind you - great atmosphere, excellent game. It’s just mondo freaky and you can die very, very fast if you’re not being extra careful.

Planning to get Alpha Protocol soon-ish, but gotta scrape a bit of cash first and work isn’t exactly piling on my doorstep…

The China game (Emperor : Rise of the Middle Kingdom) is even better, especially if you’re getting too used to building the same, optimal city blocks map after map in Zeus/Cleopatra/Caesar. Feng Shui shakes things up a bit.