So it's a new year and not too long after the big holiday sales, what are you PLAYING right now?

Right now I’m going through three of them, which I’m loving:

Dishonored: Getting near the end of it. Finished the main game and doing the DLC now. Did the first one (Knife of Dunwall) and almost done with the second (Brigmore Witches).

Far Cry 4: This one is getting my attention the most. Already fifty hours put into it and only about halfway through the game. So much stuff to do in this one, it seems. I’m loving it.

X-COM: Still playing this one here and there, when I’m in the mood. I’m on the last mission for the main game (reached the mothership) and started Enemy Within a few days ago, also having installed The Long War mod. So far it’s very challenging, but fairly enjoyable.

After I finish one of these, I think I’ll be replacing them with either the very first Assassin’s Creed (which I started awhile ago and played about 1/4th of, but never finished) from the beginning again or maybe the Tomb Raider one that came out in 2013.

Ark: Survival Evolved - Sorta. There was a big nerf to tamed dinos and I took a few days off to let it shake out. That turned into over a week now.

Fallout 4 - Still haven’t finished my initial play through but I’m pushing harder against the plot now after exploring umpity-bajillion side locations.

Killing Floor 2 - Played a couple times with friends and get into some solo games just for the fun of splitting zed skulls and to get a few levels under my berserker belt.

Next game I’m likely to play seriously will be Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate which a friend gave me so I figure it deserves a whirl. Also, around this time I usually play twenty-four of my bundle trash titles for an hour+ each, one for each letter of the alphabet, and write a short blog entry for each.

I finally got into Witcher 3. I kept starting it and not getting very far, then “what day is it?”

Played Dishonored and DLCs earlier this fall… Nicely done game, blatantly ripped off the earlier Thief games which was fine with me, because they were solid.

Playing now, Fallout… New Vegas. Actually finished it last night sided with Legion for once. Never mustered the badness to do that before.

Up next, heavily modded FO3 while I wait on Dishonored 2. If I need filler, I’ll play Wasteland 2.

Just finished Ori and the Blind Forest, and am now playing Dust: an Elysian Tale. The former is IMO a far better game.

Playing right now:

Fallout 4. Was looking forward to this and had requested it as a xmas present. It hasn’t really grabbed me yet. I remember though that I had a false start with Fallout 3 and came back to it later to get completely hooked.

Undertale. It’s pretty good.

Witcher 3. Started but couldn’t get in to.

**Insurgency: **Currently my ‘go-to’ online FPS. BF4 has gotten stale and Star Wars: Battlefront, while fun, is just too broken in it’s matchmaking and server assignments to be playable until a major patch arrives.

X-Com: Played for a while when it first came out. Getting into it again with the Long War mod. If **X-Com 2 **is anything like the first I’ll wait for a few months until it goes on sale everywhere and has had a few updates.

Diablo 3 has just had a new patch drop and Season 5 starts in a few days so that’ll take up some time over the next few weeks.

I’ll be giving Grim Dawn some time as well in the near future and keeping an eye on how **Squad **shapes up as well.

Mostly just Rocket League. It’s the kind of game that’s great for just picking up and playing when I’m not in the mood for anything in particular.

Undertale is at the top of my queue, but annoyingly it doesn’t sync saves and I started playing on my laptop, so I usually don’t end up playing it while at home.

Witcher 3 - grabbed this in the pre-Xmas sales, and like a few others, I’ve tried to start it a couple of times now and haven’t gotten very far. I’m sure I’ll spend a ton of time with it eventually, but… not yet.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel - I played through the two Trails in the Sky games last fall when the second one was finally released in English (PC/Steam), and loved them more than any JRPG since probably Persona 3 (… which is a non-standard genre entry for sure, but, digression). Then this came out in late December (PS3), and it’s a jump over three games in the series that haven’t been translated yet. It’s not as good as the Trails in the Sky games were (especially the second one), but it’s still pretty good. I really liked JRPGs in the SNES-through-PS2 golden age, and while I’ve liked some similar games in recent years, these really bring me back to the core of the genre.

Pandemic: Legacy - persistent-world board gaming built on a base game that my wife already really liked. Very cool.

Def Jam: Fight For NY - I was re watching a lets play of it and remembered I had a copy.

Crypt Of The Necrodancer - Got it on sale and am loving it.

Killing Floor 2 - With the Patriarch updated, I got right back into the masses of zed.

Not a proper “game” but an app - Monument Valley. It’s a spacial-visualization puzzle game at its heart, but one that owes an enormous debt to MC Escher and requires you to think laterally as such. The levels are beautiful and creative, and there’s a little story that gradually reveals itself along the way.

It’s not hard - half the work is figuring out what the rules are - but as a timewaster I recommend both it and the additional levels (“Forgotten Shores”).

I got Majora’s Mask for the 3DS for Christmas, but I really haven’t had much time to spend with it.

I’ve also started Undertale. Nobody tell me anything!!

I was playing** Don’t Starve: Shipwrecked **for a couple of weeks until end December. Man, that got old quickly.

I play a few **Lumosity **games off and on but, other than that, nothing.

Kinda bouncing back and forth between:

Fallout 4: Thought was going to be the first fallout game I wouldn’t get very far with… then the Brotherhood of Steel arrived in style. What a great moment. I’ve been chasing more moments like this since, and haven’t had much luck. I’m taking a break to play…

Star Craft II - Legacy of the Void: It’s perfect for my lack of game time lately. Every mission is 15 to 30 minutes tops, and I feel I’m making a lot of progress with an hour here or there of game-time - vs something like Fallout 4, where sometimes I spend 20 minutes working on my inventory. The story so far is… well, straight out of Blizzard, but the gameplay is fantastic as usual.

Total War - Attila - Age of Charlemagne: Chipping away at my Mercia campaign here and there, really liking this expansion, siege battles are the best they’ve ever been!

Kerbal Space Program - Also dabbling with my campaign game, still sucking, still having fun.

What I’ll be playing soon:

Xcom2 - coming out around my b-day. It shall be glorious!

Subnautica - Watch a let’s play recently and it sold me on the game. It looks amazing. I’ve always been scared of the ocean and it’s depths. This game will sure traumatize me. :slight_smile:

My sister got me Endless Legends for Christmas. I’ve played it a bit. It’s a Civilization-style game with RPG elements. I enjoy it, but I’m utterly terrible at it.

I am back on the Civilization V train. I never stopped liking the game, but I kind of had to give up on it a few years ago because the computer that I played it on was barely powerful enough to run it – and that was after I turned all of the bells and whistles off. I got a new computer for Christmas that’s got plenty of power, so now I can enjoy it in all its glory. With the two expansion packs that I downloaded, it’s a whole different game in many respects. I’m having a really good time coming to grips with the new stuff involving religion and espionage and trade and diplomacy and whatnot. I chalked up a win tonight and I’m itching to dive back in to see if I can do better!

Oh man, those two expansions take the vanilla game from meh, to amazing!

Crypt of the Necrodancer is pretty fun, but there’s not that much to it and a lot of the difficulty is downright obnoxious, particularly in the fourth area. It feels very random, in that you either pick up a weapon with more than one square of range or you die horribly.

Hearthstone is like MTGO except with a way lower barrier to entry. This is one for the long haul, methinks.

Undertale made me cry. A lot. This game has some of the very best storytelling I have ever seen, an incredibly rich, well-made world, and is just all-around amazing. I cannot stress this enough: go get Undertale. It’s incredible.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Second Chapter.

If you like JRPGs, this game is unbelievably good. It actually does a better job of portraying a “living world” than a lot of western RPGs that ostensibly have that as a goal, even though it has a linear story structure. Practically every NPC in the game has new dialogue after every event they would be aware of. They remember things you’ve done (or not done) for them in the past and reference them when they meet you later. The attention to detail is insane.

Oh, and the story and characters are excellent.

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void. I’m not much interested in the multiplayer, and I’ve finished the campaign, but now I’m going back through and picking up achievements.

Heroes of the Storm: I think I’ve now earned enough gold to unlock all of the heroes I have any interest in, so I might be going on a buying spree soon.

Don’t Starve Together, one evening a week. A friend from out of state and I get together every week for gaming. My patience with dying repeatedly hasn’t yet been quite completely exhausted, but honestly, it’s getting close.