So what games are you currently playing through now?

Ever since I FINALLY got a new computer (I’ve been on a crappy laptop for the last four months, or so, that can’t run most high end games, only ones like Plants VS Zombies and Fairy Solitaire and that sort of thing) that is actually made for games, I’ve started playing games every day, hours each day.

Man, games, I’ve missed you so.

Four months ago I was in the middle of playing Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood (for the first time) and highly enjoying it, but only got about 25 percent of the way through it before that desktop crapped out. Ah well, it was good, but it wasn’t THAT good. It wasn’t the sort of computer able to play REALLY high performance games (like Batman Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, GTA V, Wolfenstein: The New Order, etc).,.

…but now, this one…this one is specifically made just for gaming. I’ve got a whole lot of gaming to catch up on. I hardly know what to start/play first!
So! Right now I’m currently playing through SEVEN of them that I started a day or two ago.

The first is Batman: Arkham Knight. I originally started this two years ago and played through about the first ten percent of it only and then never had a computer that was good enough to ever run it again. Well, this one does, so I restarted it from the beginning and have been enjoying it extremely.

Others that I’m playing is Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, which I resumed, Costume Quest 2, which is glorious and just as good as the first one was, and I decided to give the “looks like a more casual, yet fun one”, Castle of Illusion (starring Mickey Mouse) a go and it’s SURPRISINGLY good and very clever. I’m liking it.

And I’ve decided to do a few replays too. Even though I’ve played these before and beat them, I decided to start a replay of: Darksiders (first one, although this is the Warmastered Edition), The Amazing Spiderman (first one), Medal of Honor (the one that came out in 2010), and Batman: Arkham Origins, since I only played through that one ONCE (the others, save for Knight, I’ve played through two or three times).

Now…as for games I plan to start soon (within the next week or two): I’m thinking in regards to games I’ve never played before, maybe Ryse: Son of Rome, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, State of Decay, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Regarding games I’ve started in the past, but never finished due to losing a computer good enough to run them: Remember Me, Lucius, Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil Revelations (the first one), and Wolfenstein: The New Order.
And then, about games I’ve played and beaten before, but would love to replay, I was thinking about Max Payne 3, Resident Evil 6, and maybe foolin’ around a bit more in GTA V.
What about you? What’s on your gaming plate right now? What have you recently finished, what games are you currently working on, and what do you foresee coming up next?

Ever since purchasing it a couple of weeks ago, I’ve been completely addicted to Planet Coaster. It is one of the most amazing simulation games I’ve ever played. Highly recommended, if you are into that sort of thing.

I’m currently playing through Shadow of Mordor on PS4 (but it’s on PC as well and cheap on steam now). It gets a bad rep for “repetitive combat”, but thats only if you stand and fight which is really not how the game is meant to be played.

It’s very much “Assassin’s Creed in Mordor” with some twists. There is a decent story but it’s also a huge sandbox with a random mission generator. The captains are randomly generated with different strengths, fears and weaknesses and get stronger if they defeat you. It’s fun just choosing a captain, finding a “worm” (an informer) to tell you his weaknesses and fears, then plotting a stealth ambush. I usually try to only take out the captain and escape without having to fight any other orcs.

In general it’s quite addictive sneaking around and causing chaos and havok while remaining undetected. Eg by luring Caragors (fell beasts) into orc camps, or poisoning grog barrels, or blowing up casks from a distance with arrows. Definitely worth picking up if you see it on steam for $20, especially since you seem fond of the AC series and Arkham games (similar combat styles).

Lord of the Rings online is my daily fix.

I also play Civilisation 4; Master of Magic and Colonisation.

Why yes, I am an elderly chap who appreciates turn-based games. :slight_smile:

Why Civ 4? You like it better than V and VI or you haven’t tried bought them?

Finally started on the Mafia 2 DLC to get it out of the way before buying 3.

I’ve been playing Borderlands 1 & 2 for the first time since I wanted some mindless shoot-em-up action to take my mind off recent events (I’ve no interest in the multiplayer parts). They’re pretty good, although I got many hours into Borderlands while putting up with the archaic, incredibly bad graphics before I realized they were so bad because for some reason they’d defaulted to the absolute lowest settings on the wrong resolution…

Also, I’ve been playing a fair amount of Stellaris after its recent Kennedy update.

Dishonored 2 currently, plus some StarCraft II, Wings of Liberty for a change of pace.

Just finished Inside, by the creators of Limbo.

Cannot recommend it enough. It starts weird, it becomes weirder and it ends in a gigantic mindfuck.

Finishing up Fallout 4 after about 100 hours.

Itching for Dishonored 2, but going to sandwich Metro:2033 Redux in between.

I don’t have anywhere near enough time for more than one game at a time.

Been playing a lot of Dead by Daylight but think I’m about ready to take a break there and am installing Battlefield 1 as we speak to play the campaign.

I’m finally getting around to finishing Divinity: Original Sin. I’d like to pick up the sequel but I feel like I can’t justify it unless I finish the first one. :slight_smile:

I’m back on Elder scrolls online. I don’t love the game, but I find myself back for every expansion and enjoy it a fair amount for a while. And they have housing coming, and of course I am a whore for a Tamriel house.

I’ve been playing Heroes of the Storm again. I burned myself out about two months ago so I stopped for a bit and recently went back. I bought the Division and Planet Coaster, but returned both because I didn’t like the bullet-sponge nature of the former, and I realized I hate being creative in the latter. I want a more managerial game than what Planet Coaster offered (which isn’t to say that it’s a bad game, it’s just not what I was looking for).

Final Fantasy XV when I can, Overwatch when my friends are on and Super Mario Run/Pokémon Showdown when nature calls.

Finally beat FTL: Faster than Light withthe Slug cruiser. I hate that ship. Now I’m trying to beat it withthe stealth cruiser, which I hate even more but I’m starting Sector 3 and have a shield and a Level II burst laser so maybe there is hope.

I love Boderlands 1 & 2. I’m working through 2 at the moment. I saw there’s a pre-sequel, which I plan to pick up and play next. I’m not a very devoted gamer. It takes me forever to play through any game.

I just picked FTL back up after a year or two. Stealth B was the hardest for me. I don’t remember exactly how I did it, but I think the best strategy is to replay Sector 1 until the RNG gifts you with a Weapon Preigniter or a couple of Burst Laser IIs.

I’m also playing Overwatch here and there.

Also need to get back into Furi, which is an awesomely frustrating “bosses only” game with bullet-hell elements. The game consists of five bosses, each with multiple stages. It’s fast-paced twitch gaming at its best and most punishing.

EVERY FTL playthough would be easy with a few Burst IIs. :slight_smile:

If you had a dream ship with 3 or 4 Burst Laser IIs and a weapon preignitor you’d hardly need anything else.

Playing the Enderal mod for Skyrim. It’s like a completely different game, feels like first-person D&D.

Returned to Overwatch (on PS4) to grind for some holiday skins. I’ve also been trying out the new character Sombra, who I’m starting to have some team effectiveness with.

Put Civ 6 on hold for a while, the AI is so lackluster and incompetent at waging a war that the game gets boring and tedious after the classical era. Waiting for mods and conversions from the community to make it fun.