So what games are you currently playing through now?

It’s amazing how many different games I can find time to play now that I’ve officially walked away from World of Warcraft. I got Civ 6 and played it for a few weeks, and it was liberating to not have this nagging feeling that I should be farming AP or legendaries instead of you know … playing a game for fun. Civ 6 didn’t really grab me, but I can see potential there. Like Civ 5, I’ll wait for the x-packs before I really judge it.

I’m not glee, but I’m of the opinion that the Civ series peaked at four, and I’ve played all six. I could handle the hexes, but one unit per tile (which started in 5 to combat the stack-of-death problem) drove me nuts and killed the franchise for me. YMMV.

I’ve mostly been playing the Master of Orion reboot lately. I know quite a few people slammed it for being MoO 2 with a high-res coat of paint. Well, I have a dos emulator on my tablet just so I could play MoO 2, so that was exactly what I wanted. They just recently announced a new patch with DLC races (boo) and Anterans (yeah!) so I’m hoping they keep supporting it.

I never really got into Skyrim when it came out, mostly due to WoW. I recently got the special edition, which has been scratching my RPG itch while occasionally just blowing my mind with how pretty it is. I’m about 20 hours in, and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface.

For mobile gaming, I’ve been replaying the original FF1 on my android tablet. I’m loving it, but I have to admit that it’s running on pure nostalgia. I’ve recreated my 2x fighter, white mage and black mage party that I ran with when I was a wee little lad, and it’s been a trip.

Once I’m done with Skyrim, I’ve been told I have to play the Witcher games. I also have heard a lot of good buzz about Undertale, but I’m not sure yet about that one.

I bought a new video card back in November to extend the life of my five-year-old Asus tower, so I’m playing through Civ 6 (which refused to run well on the old card) and re-playing Skyrim (which looks noticeably more gorgeous.

Still trying to decide whether all the neat things they added to Civ 6 that make it more fun than 5 balance out the things they either took out or made awkward. I’ll give it a few more weeks to see if it’s just a learning curve problem on my end; otherwise, I’ll be using this thread as an idea of where to start looking. I’m also thinking of getting into the new Battlefield game; I also have a few games on my Steam profile that I bought on the summer sale that just laughed at my old video card. I’ll try some of them (Battleborn, among others).

re: Skyrim

I’ve got over 1,000 hours in, and your feeling is a good one.

I’ve been making my way through the Dark Souls games and am now probably half through Dark Souls 3. I think it’s my favorite of the series because the tempo is a bit more fluid. I suck at PvP, but my dex build really started clicking for me. Don’t let the game’s reputation for being hard get in the way of trying to enjoy it. It’s a fair game and very fun when everything starts clicking.

I’ve also played bits of various Blizzard games like Overwatch and Hearthstone recently.

I’m in between serious obsession type games, which means I’m dabbling in a lot of stuff. Finishing up a playthrough of Final Fantasy Tactics on my phone (probably my fourth or fifth overall, but first on iOS). Finishing off the last few achievements in Renowned Explorers: International Society. A little bit of tower defense with Defender’s Quest: Valley of the Forgotten, which I’ve had for a while but only got around to recently. Messing around with the recent game-changing DOTA2 patch.

Not sure what I’m going to seriously get in to next. Most of the big fall releases in my genres have been disappointing (Civ 6, FF XV). Persona 5 got pushed back further into next year, or it would have been the odds-on favorite. Maybe I’ll jump on to one of the PC RPGs in my backlog…

That’s crazy, you can’t stack at all? Surely the simple answer would be to allow one army per tile, then limit what max combination of units can comprise an army.

Partly what Crazy Canuck said, but also because there’s a lot to try in Civ 4 (different levels, different Civ’s, scenarios and even playing as Barbarians!

No stacking of combat units. A combat and non combat unit can occupy the same hex.

It is a huge improvement.

I can’t stop playing Witcher 3. I’m on my second runthrough. I have no interest in other games anymore. I’ve read four Witcher books. This is getting kind of embarrassing.

I will admit that 1UPT does increase the tactical depth of the game. The problem is that it does so at the cost of drastically increased micromanagement of military units, traffic jams when trying to move out injured units and move in fresh ones, and weakening the AI, which hasn’t dealt with the change very well at all. Once again, YMMV.

I’m trying my hardest to get through Kingdom Hearts 2. I actually just started it, but I have such little time to play during the week that I feel as if I’m going to absolutely CRAWL through it.

Let’s see… still have Fallout 4 installed and am pretty close to finishing, but rarely get the in-game time to make serious progress.

I had been casually playing Overwatch for a while- with little kids and house chores, my gaming times are usually about an hour or hour and a half at most.

But recently, some friends have picked up Tom Clancy’s The Division, so we’ve been trying to fit that in, and I’ve been doing some side-mission grinding for loot on my own.

After finishing that, I decided to go through the series in chronological order: Origins, Asylum, City, Knight

Just picked up FF XV for the first time yesterday.

Haven’t played that in a month or so, but my main fix of MMORPG goodness is still Star Wars: the Old Republic.