People who look better after age 40

My nominee is Candice Olson. I can’t get over how good she looks these days. She was always attractive, but to my eye, she looks better now than she did even a few years ago. I don’t think it is just the haircut.

Here she is at age 44: http://www.hgtv.com/candice-tells-all/show/index.html
and here she was a few years ago: http://www.hausbydr.com/candice_olson.asp

If it is just her hair, I want her stylist.

Roger Waters.

Me.

Brian Austin Green is going to look a hell of a lot better after 40 than he looked when he was in his dweebilicious 20s. He’s only 38 now, though.

Diane Lane? She was always cute, but around 40 she got hottified.

Elizabeth Hurley. Again, always attractive, but with the addition of some years she somehow got hotter.

Not quite there yet, but Gwyneth Paltrow (38).

I think Candice Bergen, altho she was a model when she was younger, has the sort of face that makes her look older. So she looks “right” at 40+ but looked slightly awkward as a youngster.

This could also be cultural bias - like most 30-something I didn’t know who she was until she was playing a middle-aged classy lady on Murphy Brown. It might just be odd for me to see Murphy Brown as a young model.

Jon Bon Jovi?

Sarah Jessica Parker

Maggie Cheung

DaveBrubeck

Willie Nelson

Oprah looks much better now than when she was young.

Huge agreement from me on Roger Waters and Oprah.

Anthony Hopkins

Patrick Dempsey

Never been a fan, but Cindy Crawford.

Yes, I’m sure a lot of people would love to ride her, or even be in a stable relationship with her. She’s outstanding in her field, not like some one-trick pony.

Richard Gere did nothing for me till his hair went silver.

Clint Eastwood.

Hugh Laurie was looking pretty good for awhile, but I think he may be sliding downhill now.

Ming Na Wen. 47, but as Charlie says, “She has the ears of a 20 year old.”.

Juliette Lewis. I always thought she was kind of funny looking, but it looks like now her face has kind of filled out or something- she even looks somewhat attractive now.

Oops, I guess she’s only 38- but, close enough.

Anthony Michael Hall

As a young pup As a full grown man