Periodic Table of Spelling

Here’s an idea I’ve been toying around with for a while… The Periodic Table of Spelling! The idea is simple - the goal is to construct words using only the 1 or 2 letter abbreviations from the Periodic Table of Elements. For consistency, elements shall be taken from Wikipedia:

Rules are:

1. As said above, words must be constructed from one or two letter abbreviations from the Periodic Table (none of that Uub nonsense)
  2. Words, phrases, sentences should be correctly spelled and grammatically correct - though Rule of Cool allows exceptions in awesome cases.
  3. Words should be spelled as the abbreviations are written caps would be written as CaPS
  4. Using fewer abbreviations is better - for a recursive example, silicon could be written as SILiCON, but it is far cooler to write it as SiLiCoN
  5. I have a scoring system in mind, rewarding length of sentences, but for now I just want to see if people are interested in this game.

Okay, so here is my first submission:

NaSAl SPRaY AcTiVAtEs BONErS.

What? It does!
Your turn.

Not really a sentence, but a way to paraphrase the Queen of England’s lesser, and less frequently used, titles:

LiLiBeTh’S OPtIONAl CrOWNS

I HeAr NeAr A BeArS AsS TiS ScArY PoOPoO!

ThOSe PtErOsAuRuSEs FOUNd No ReFUGe IN ThAt BaRe ClIFF As WINd RaGeS ArOUNd.

ArCTiC SeAlS NeVEr GaIn OUNCEs In SOUTh PAcIFIC WAtErS.

Hee, I used to do this all the time in my high school chemistry class. (This may explain why I never learned any chemistry.)

YOU CaN SeE r OUNd A lArGe FLuTiST iN a PUB.

HeLiXeS ArE uNUSUAl In TiBeTaN HoUSeS.

ThIS Be CoRnY CRaP, YOU CYbErNeTiC SiCKO, YOU.

BISmUTh and SILiCoN are interesting because they both appear in the periodical table themselves, as Bi and Si. I don’t think there are too many other elements whose names consist of a sequence of chemical symbols other than their own, or even including their own.

BaH! I WON’T PArTiCIPaTe In ThIS CLaPtRaP! I NeVEr BOThEr WITh THeSe, ThIS CaN’T Be OThErWISe!

Sorry, but:
TiN (Sn)
CoPPEr (Cu)
IrON (Fe)
CaRbON ©
ArSeNIC (As)

GeNeSiS SeCTiON ONe: WHeN ThIS UNiVErSe WAs NeW, PaRaDySe MoN HAtCHEs SKY ‘N’ ORb ‘N’ ThIS ORb WAs DySFUNCTiONAl, ‘N’ WAs No LiTe ON HIS WAtEr, ‘N’ PaRaDySe MoN MoVEs OVEr ThIS HeRe WAtEr, ‘N’ PaRaDySe MoN ArTiCuLaTeS “LiTe Be!” ‘N’ LiTe WAs ‘N’ PaRaDySe MoN SeEs ThIS LiTe ‘N’ ThAt It Be PHAt ‘N’ PaRaDySe MoN SUNdErS LiTe ‘N’ BLaCKNEsS ‘N’ He ClAsSiFIEs LiTe “SUNUP” ‘N’ He ClAsSiFIEs BLaCKNEsS “NiTe” ‘N’ ThIS SUNUP ‘N’ ThIS NiTe WAs ONe STaGe.

Hehe, I’m liking these responses. Next step is to convert the entire Bible…

Here is another of mine, which is fairly flexible. It works best if your name (let’s say X) as well as the name of the object of your desires (let’s say Y) are both in some way writable in this format. Then we can have your very own, 3rd person, Periodic Table love note!

X LiKEs Y. S/He ThINKS S/He IS VErY CuTe. AlSO S/He IS NiCe PErSON. SHe HAs NiCe KNoCKErS (if applicable).

Then throw my example of AcTiVAtEs BONErS and your lovelife will never be the same!

Oh, and in case anyone cares, my RL name can be written like this (1st initial and surname), and the girl I like can have her first name and surname written like this (with a minor fudge). This is destiny! I’ll tell you if it works. And yes, that last line is applicable :wink:

NOW ThE sNaKE sPOKE sUBTlY, HAtH PaRaDySe MoN FORbID yOU ThAt FRuIT, eVE? u Be As PaRaDySe MoN, eAt.

SO SHe AtE. “sO HUSBaND, yOU Be As PaRaDySe MoN, eAt.”

‘N’ SHe ‘N’ He WAs WISe. ‘N’ SHe ‘N’ He KNeW PaRaDySe MoN Be IrAtE, sO SHe ‘N’ He PuT a FIG aS ClOThInG aNd HID bY Th’ BUSH.

‘N’ PaRaDySe MoN Be IrAtE, sO He SeNd Th’ FIErY SWOR’ aNGeL, aNd NO MORe PaRaDySe FOR hEr ‘n’ He.

… Wow, this is a lot harder than it looks.

The important part is that you can spell FUCK, MoThErFUCKEr, and COCKSUCKEr.

IOHoNNeS SeCTiON ONe:
ThIS BeGaN WITh La PaLaBRa.
La PaLaBRa WAs WITh PaRaDySe MoN; La PaLaBRa WAs PaRaDySe MoN.
WHeN ThIS UNiVErSe WAs NeW, ThAt ONe WAs WITh PaRaDySe MoN.
He Be ONe WHo ArRaNGe CoSMoS; No PArTiClEs ThAt IS, Be HeRe IF He No Be OK WITh ThAt BeIn’ SO.
He Be ONe WHo HAs LiFe, WHICH IS LiTe OF LaDs 'N LaSSEs.
ThIS LiTe ThAt SHINe In BLaCKNeEsS; ThAt BlaCKNeEsS NeVEr UNdErSTaNd ThIS LiTe.