Here’s an idea I’ve been toying around with for a while… The Periodic Table of Spelling! The idea is simple - the goal is to construct words using only the 1 or 2 letter abbreviations from the Periodic Table of Elements. For consistency, elements shall be taken from Wikipedia:
- As said above, words must be constructed from one or two letter abbreviations from the Periodic Table (none of that Uub nonsense)
- Words, phrases, sentences should be correctly spelled and grammatically correct - though Rule of Cool allows exceptions in awesome cases.
- Words should be spelled as the abbreviations are written caps would be written as CaPS
- Using fewer abbreviations is better - for a recursive example, silicon could be written as SILiCON, but it is far cooler to write it as SiLiCoN
- I have a scoring system in mind, rewarding length of sentences, but for now I just want to see if people are interested in this game.
Okay, so here is my first submission:
NaSAl SPRaY AcTiVAtEs BONErS.
What? It does!