Personal rant, don't mind the spittle

Okay, you stupid fuck. You’ve had a lot of shit-brain ideas, but this is one of the chart-toppers.

Shrink wrap all the books? Why, you decide they’re just for show? Don’t EVER want to sell them? Yeah, so people read your books when they come in a spend all day hanging out there. You’re a game store owner-that shit happens. If it bugs you that much, then fucking say something to the freeloaders! Dammit! Now, we look like fucking morons because you’re anal about how the fucking book looks. If it’s that big of a deal, then grow a pair and fucking confront them. Jesus Christ!
Did you or your fat fucking domineering, stupid, know-nothing, crotch-grabbing, candle-burning, crystal-rubbing, incensing-huffing, butt-trumpeting wife come up with that little fucking gem of an idea?
You know, I tried to pick up the slack when you fired the other guy who actually knew what he was doing, but now, I swear to God you’re trying to get me to quit, and then you’ll be fucked, sonny jim, 'cause you hired a guy who plays roleplaying games exclusively, and turns his nose up at wargames and CCGs. What, are you fucking insane? AND FIX THE FUCKING CREDIT CARD MACHINE!!! I don’t care if your wife wants you to come home and service her 15 acre ass! Fucking stay on the phone with these people UNTIL THEY FUCKING GIVE YOU AN ANSWER OR A NEW MACHINE! How hard can that actually be? Goddam, how stupid does it make us look when we have to tell the customers, “Oh, we can run your card through, but we can’t give you a receipt. We can tell if you’r accepted, though, 'cause it’ll run the receipt paper through twice.” Oh yeah, really fucking professional. That’s the business equivalent of telling someone they can take a shit, but they have to jiggle the fucking handle when they flush. Why don’t we just drive around in the back of your wife/hosebeast/land leviathan’s van and sell shit off a fucking card table on a goddam street corner. We’d have about the same amount of credbility.

You stupid fuck. Don’t expect me to be around after January. And look for me to abuse the living shit out of that discount before I leave, chimp-fuck.

Goddam it!!!

Then he said, “That is that.”
And then he was gone.
-Dr. Seuss, * The Cat in the Hat*

Flypsyde, I’m a little confused. How do you really feel?

Livin’ on Tums, Vitamin E and Rogaine

Damn, Flyp. Sounds like you just described my local game store. And several in Salt Lake and Albuquerque and Raleigh . . .

Hypothesis: All game store owners are advance troops for an alien army sent to soften us up by driving us fucking nuts.

You can do better than this guy, tho. Dump the chump.

-andros-

Flypsyde, come here, let me give you a hug. I know, I know. Sometimes evil people are just, well, evil.

Best!
Byz

You’ve been to game stores in Albuquerque, andros? Gosh, I’m sorry…

“That’s entertainment!” —Vlad the Impaler

You mean they still HAVE comic book stores…? Maybe living in the middle of nowhere ISN’T such a good thing…

-Wash, Rinse, Maim.

I totally feel you on this, Flyp.

But feel lucky you have a store. Up in Jersey I gotta drive for 40 minutes to get to the closest one. No, wait, make that 60…the close store went out of business last year.

Flyp… which store is this? I get my gaming stuff at The Fantasy Shop, and I’ve never had any problems.

Aura-It’s a game store in my home town; it’s pretty much the only one, and I don’t want any one to narc me out if they happen to read this (since I have a condensed version of my moniker on my plates, everyone will know this is me). Anyway, the owner is just about the dumbest boss anyone could hope for, but he’s a damn good friend, so while I definitely plan to bail out of this shitstorm after January, I don’t really want to alienate him. However, I’ll be more than happy to plug the place on the 11th.

And thanks for the commiseration, everybody. Big special thanks for the hug, Byz.

Then he said, “That is that.”
And then he was gone.
-Dr. Seuss, * The Cat in the Hat*

Yup, but it’s been a while, NTG. I lived in ABQ from '81-'90.