Pet pictures!

My 3yo grand daughter gets the same look on her face when the Roomba at her house starts up, even if she is on another level, up or down a flight of stairs.

Looks like I have shoulder length hare again.

Imgur

Hard to say which one of you is cuter. :skritches to whoever wants them:

Those eyes – those beautiful eyes! :slight_smile:

There’s something about that picture that is strongly evocative of Luna’s wolf ancestry. I think it’s the long fluffy wolf-like tail, the ears, and the long snout. She’d be perfect in the role of the Wolf in a stage performance of Little Red Riding Hood:

“What big eyes you have, Grandma!”

“All the better to see you with, my dear”

“And what big TEETH you have, Grandma!”

Of course, Luna doesn’t look the least bit threatening, but really, neither was the Wolf in the old fairy tale. True, he ate Grandma, but when the Woodsman held him upside down, he spit her out again, good as new.

It’s nice to come here and see everyone’s beautiful, beautiful pets in the middle of all the clusterfucks going on in the world. One of the only things that makes me feel a bit better!

Luna was thanking me for her bite of my sausage croissant this morning, and may I please have more?

Imgur

Skritches for Luna. She brought joy and a smile to my morning.

Luna is in bath jail. Fortunately, it is sunlit and warm, so her sentence should be short.

Imgur

A federal crime I take it, for which she will soon be pardoned?

Thereby the deluxe doggie Club Fed.

I know there are a million of these slide shows out there. But I think this is the best collection I’ve ever seen.

Sloppy Joe night:

Imgur

Are those your bite marks, or Luna’s? :smiley:

I used to get Bernie cheeseburgers from McD’s, and I’d hold them for him while he chomped away just like a person would. Except maybe just a little bit faster, just in case I changed my mind or something.

A friend of mine use to take her two dogs to Sonic and let them split a plain chicken sandwich on a bun. It got to where if she and I were talking on the phone (she lives out of town) and she was planning a doggie outing, she would have to spell it out “S-O-N-I-C,” because they would hear the word and get all excited.

@wolfpup The only thing I ever get on my occasional trips to Mickey D’s is the original cheeseburger. Mostly because you can’t taste the meat. I’ve never had a Big Mac in my life. BUT even the cheeseburger has a teeny tiny ration of chopped onion on it-- these never upset Bernie’s tummy? I thought onions were a no-no for dogs?

My bite marks. Luna got her fair share.

I’ve given McD’s to dogs for over 40 years, never had a problem with it. Luna’s favorite fast food, by far, is the sausage croissant from Burger King.

According to the article, a medium to large onion is enough to be injurious to a 45-pound dog. As a full-grown Bernese, Bernie tipped the scale at between 110 and 120 pounds (he was larger than the average Bernese). The minuscule amount of onion in a McD’s cheeseburger would have been insignificant. I didn’t think it contained any at all.

I didn’t know about onions and dogs. I don’t think I ever fed Bernie anything that would have contained a lot of it, though he did get a lot of people food of various kinds. Chocolate is also famously toxic to dogs, yet P.G. Wodehouse wrote fondly about giving it to his Pekes. I wonder if the effects of these sorts of things vary with individual dogs or with particular breeds.

Slightly off topic:

I’ve known more than one dog who learned how to spell B I S C U I T.

Yeah, you’re right. For such a big dog. But there is a measured amount of each of the ingredients, applied by machine-- I saw a TV show about it once. These are the ingredients. The onions are one tablespoon of dehydrated onions reconstituted in water.

Ingredients in the McDonald’s Cheeseburger

• Regular Bun.
  • 100% Beef Patty.
  • Pasteurized Process American Cheese .
  • Ketchup .
  • Pickle Slices .
  • Onions .
  • Mustard .

Now I really want an order of McD’s fries. They are the best. :fries:

No pics, but Luna got skunked last night - poor dog didn’t know what hit her!

Went from a normal evening to getting sprayed to being banished to the garage to getting bathed and scrubbed with hydrogen peroxide/baking soda to getting bathed again with doggie shampoo to getting banished in the crate… in about 30 minutes.

Her head is probably still spinning.

She’s still a bit traumatized by the experience, I can tell by her body language. Curled into a ball, tail tucked, can also indicate that she’s cold, but it’s 72 degrees in the house and 64 degrees outside. Poor baby. Luna is very sensitive!

Imgur

Kitten Supervisors