Pet pictures!

Those are some beautiful cats.

It’s a clear, sunny day today so I took Luna up to the Hill Country to a plot of land where she could freely run around unleashed. We walked over 2 miles alongside I-10:

You won’t believe this, but pics were taken:

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

What a pretty boy! I’d love to go for a walk in the country with him. Those eyes…and that smile.

The bamboo borders one of south central Texas’s many ranches with exotic animals. This ranch alone has zebras and llamas.

Sidetrack: Whatever’s currently going on with most of the images seems to be the worst of two options. Enough of the image shows up in the thread that it takes up space on the page; but it’s still necessary to click through to see the pictures, because the amount of image that shows up never includes most of the points of main focus – I’ll see a couple of ears, for instance, when the actual shot focuses on the entire head.

Having said that: great pictures! (And the kittens show up in their entirety; or at least, all of two kittens are visible in the thread.)

nm…

My last rat Frodo died last June. After 6 ratless months (first time I haven’t had rats in over 10 years), I’ve decided to get a new rat family. I’m picking up 4 baby boys (from 2 litters) in a few days. I’m very excited to be getting rats again!

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

Google Photos

It seems to be some function of how Discourse interacts with image libraries in sites like Google Photos and Imgur. You can get the complete image in Imgur by navigating to the point where an actual JPEG is being displayed and posting that link (on its own line), but Google Photos has its own convoluted protocols and I don’t know how to make it work properly with Discourse. But here’s one of JohnT’s pictures of Luna in full, via Imgur (clicking on it shows it full-size):

P.S.- Luna is gorgeous as always! Hope she had a great time on the walk!

Test…

Google Photos

Ugh. Might have to switch to Imgur.

Looks like he is thinking …”you again?”.

Worked fine for me on my iPad. Just clicked on it.

If you like using Google Photos, it’s no big deal for us to click on the images to see them in full. The same thing happens in Imgur, but there you do have the capability of displaying the unique image (in Firefox, right-click and “View Image”) and then using that URL (ending in .jpg) in the post.

Ugh. Never mind.

I give you the Common North American Heat Vent Hog.

Imgur

Eta: Yay!

These aren’t my pets… but they could be.

The doggies love having us at home all day.

Kitties, not so much.

The newest member of the household, was trapped in our crawlspace one day. Probably 7 months old, likely dumped, as several others were found in the neighborhood about the same time. I hate cats, I don’t know why they like me.

Morris

Dogginit, that picture’s not available unless one logs in to Google.

I am suspicious however of claims to hate cats made by people who not only have cats as members of their household but go so far as to post pictures of them to message boards.

thorny – does not have or want a google account – locust

Me neither but I’d love to see pictures of your kitten.

I am logged into my Google account and got a 404 error, darn it.

Pictured: a 35 pound baby.

Out of frame: the roomba.

Imgur