Pet SQUIRRELS?

Well, you know Poly, there is a big problem with people trying to gamble with the likes of me. I have no idea why…perhaps I am good at getting into pants. I would rather get under the skin or in the hair though. :wink:

hehehehe
HUGS!
Sqrl

Gasoline: As an accompaniement to cereal it made a refreshing change. Glen Baxter

• A gradeschool friend’s mother raised a litter of baby squirrels after their tree fell down in a storm and momma squirrel vanished. They were as tame as you’d expect. They didn’t like to be “held” by strangers but they would climb all over you if she put them on you. Mostly they were very jittery; they’d usually run out of reach if you tried to do anything they didn’t think they’d like. I don’t know if she had to have any special permit or anything like that.
      • Finding animals that are carrying rabies or distemper isn’t likely. Of all the time I spent playing in the woods in the last twenty years or so, I have only seen 2 infected animals; both raccoons. IIRC skunks are infected more than any other wild animal in North America. - MC

Counter is right, squirells is tree rats that found a sugar daddy. the rest of you is plain squirelly, the Dude asks a straight question and next thing you know cub is gamboling in folks pants! 3 to 1 on drmat.( at least no one opened a jar of pickles in the street)647, I saw your squirel last night it was layin on a bed of brown rice on my table, uh, it’s not here anymore though.
Mc yore rite about the incedence of rabies , trouble is the only wild animals the average person is going to be able to find, and maybe pick up for a pet is not gonna be feelin too well. So don’t be tryin to ‘help’ the poor lil critters folks. In texas some counties classify squirels as game and are protected as such, some classify them as vermon and they ar ‘controlled’ as such, some classify them as both at the same time! Which ever they are hard to spell Skwee R U L.

“Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.”-Marx

There is a squirrel who lives near our house, who takes a very proprietary attitude towards it. We frequently see him sitting on the back deck, surveying the house with a speculative eye (“Hmm, how much do you suppose I could get for this place?”). He occasionally eats out of the bird feeder. The (indoor) cats sit by the window and gaze at him, fascinated.

We also found a dead squirrel in the attic when we moved in. Maybe the deck-sitting squirrel is plotting revenge, or trying to figure out how to break in to rescue a fellow squirrel in distress.

I am finding that “squirrel” is a hard word to type, for some reason. Anyone else finding this?