Pharrell's Happy question.

On a related note, I was just checking out the video for this song. Are there actually twenty-four hour-long videos and has anyone watched all of them?

Yup Pharrell has always liked that vocal sound going back to 2000’s “I Just Wanna Love U” by Jay-Z. (Surprisingly, Pharrell wasn’t credited for singing the chorus.) It’s used heavily on his side project N.E.R.D.

That’s been my take too. If you feel like a room without a roof, you feel like your happiness is unconstrained.

Just in case you need a little more: http://24hoursofhappy.com/

Smokey the Bear Robinson. :slight_smile:

This is what it feels like to me. I never tried to interpret the actual meaning of the line because when I first heard it I automatically felt this exact feeling. This song is the only song I’ve ever heard that actually makes me feel the meaning of the words. I think it’s part of the reason why the song has been so successful. People feel what he’s saying, without even realizing it. It makes me happy. :smiley:

I always think of the restaurant from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. Steak! From the sky!

Another vote for this one. You don’t feel like you’re IN a room without a roof. You feel like you ARE a room without a roof.

I think this is a perfect description of the room, and the song :slight_smile:

God, and now because of this thread, I can’t get it OUT of my head. Listen to it once and it’s like permanently stuck in there.