Phelps and family (WBC) to protest funerals of MN 35W bridge victims

What I don’t understand is if God does indeed hate fags then why does he continue making them? I mean I hate oatmeal raisin cookies and you don’t see me baking them every weekend now do you?

Is anyone surprised? I mean, this is the guy who picketted Fred Rogers’s funeral. Mister-Fucking-Rogers. I think I’d have been shocked if he WASN’T doing this.

As much as we don’t need to give this nut any more attention, I’m glad he’s right out there where we can see his crazy ass. Personally, it would break my heart if he accidentally fell down 25 or 30 flights of stairs with various sizes of nails accidentally driven through the treadplates, finally landing in a vat of salt and angry scorpions. Break. My. Heart.

Would you be my…
Could you be my…
Gay neighbor?

Sadly, I have to disagree with you. Jerry Falwell pretty much proved that only the good die young.

There is an exception to every rule, though.

Phelps is hopeless, but what I’d really want right now is that NO nationally-syndicated talk show offer the Phelps Cult any airtime in exchange for not showing up at the funerals/memorials. They already pulled that trick with the Amish School and I think they may have with the Virginia Tech massacres. No, I say, DON’T offer them any appeasement. Let them go if they have the acorns to do it, and let the community decide how they deal with them… most likely they won’t dare show up.

Sometime in the 1990’s I read a book by Dean Ing called (IIRC) Soft Target in which the news media decided to stop giving “free publicity” to terrorists. All terrorist attacks were reported as the actions of “charlies” (a generic term which essentially meant “lunatic”) with no reference to the names or probable motives of any group which claimed responsibility for them. I can’t remember any further details of the plot, but I thought it was the best way to handle the problem of people who were doing things just for the attention.

The only thing that surprises me about Phelps (who I don’t think represents anybody but Phelps- I don’t think he even thinks this is about a divine mission) is that no member of his family has had the living shit beaten out of them. They thrive on being verbally abused (his daughter Shirley practically whips out her lube and Baby-Jesus butt-plug and goes to town on camera when she’s screamed at on talk-shows by pundits wanting to make it clearly understood “I’m against people saying God Hates Fags, especially at the funerals of servicemen!”) and they’ve had their van window busted (it was on YouTube at one point, but I’m not going to look for it- do, if you’re interested, look for the Louis Theroux [which is British for “Mo Rocca”] documentary on them though), but they’ve never had a member sent to the ER or morgue, which is surprising considering the people they go after.

Add me to the people who wish the media would blacklist them. Make them have to commit a felony before they get coverage (which in the absence of cameras they probably would). In addition to it being the right way to treat them, it would be wonderful knowing how many strokes they’re having in that compound (which is kind of like BIG LOVE- several houses with joined back yards and a church in the middle).

The other thing I’ve always wished would happen is that a gay billionaire or multimillionaire, whether Rosie “If I say it then it must be so and if it isn’t I might admit it and that should be the end of it” O’Donnell or David Geffen or Tom Cr… I mean, George Michael, or somebody with means- would donate $1 million or so to pay the legal fees of anybody who
1- gets sued by the Phelps in their crazy ass litigation (at least 2 members of the family have been disbarred for insane lawsuits, but the rest cause enough trouble and expense to keep their enemies from doing more against them)
or
2- anybody who has a valid suit for harassment against WBC or any member of the Phelps clan in regard to their bullshit

The saddest part is the kids. The teenaged granddaughters on the Theroux documentary, who are of course as brainwashed on the subjects of Fagmerica as the adults, actually laughed when Louis asked if they had boyfriends. “Who would date us? We’re Phelpses.” Maybe when Fred dies some will break away.

Actually, they’ll probably never actually show up here in Minneapolis. That’s what happened last time they ‘announced’ that they would be picketing here.

They get all the publicity they want just by their announcement. No need to spend money on airline tickets, hotels, etc. to actually show up and picket.

If someone actually gave the Phelpster the beating he so richly deserves, there’s no doubt that Phelps would sue, but could the beater expect to have the tab for his defense picked up? Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, violence is wrong and we shouldn’t condone it, but come on! If someone were to solicit donations to pay for the legal defenses of somebody who pummeled the crap out of Phelps, I’d kick in towards it.

And look how cold Canada gets in the winter ! Obviously God’s punishing you for tolerating the gay heathen. And socialized medicine, of course.

Same here. Sell little silicon bracelets with the word Phred and a black and blue stripe through it for $5 bucks a pop at gay bars and they’d be that year’s hot fashion accessory.

I refuse to participate in this thread. Doing so would keep Phelps’s name on the BBQ Pit’s front page…
Damn it.

At least it’s well known that Mr. Phelps can actually insert his own penis into his own anus.

If I’m reading that press-release correctly, anyone who ever died, or will ever die, will die as a result of either being homosexual, or tolerating homosexuality.
Since everyone in all of history has died or will die… will die.
Isn’t that circular logic?

I can see Phelps picketing the Crucifixion. “Jesus was a fag… look at him up there in his purple robe hanging out with a bunch of men and then Italians with whips and now he wants everyone to see he’s hung! Crucify him cause God hates fags! Even when they’re his boy!”

What I especially hate is when the Hannity/Colmes and Geraldo and Nancy Graces bring on Phelps’s… and argue with them! Like you’re going to make them say “You know, you’re right… I’m going to go volunteer at a home for LGBT Youth to redeem myself!” I honestly feel sorry for Shirley (can you imagine what a shithole her life has been?) but not enough to stand between her and a whipping with a CB antenna which would give just as much intellectual and far more visceral satisfaction than a “debate”.

Uh . . . no. We don’t want him on our team.

Of course he does. From what I hear that’s how they finance their charades.

My solution…
1.) Create them their own “Free Speech Zone.”
2.) Close off street and redirect traffic.
3.) If they move, arrest for vagrancy/disturbing the peace/etc. :wink:

I get the popcorn and soda concessions!

According to that pdf, God killed the Minnesotans because the some other Minnesotans allegedely took some of the Phelps’s signs. :rolleyes:

Funny how God is responsible when something bad happens to anyone else in the entire universe, but when someone does something bad to the Phelps, God is not responsible. Go figure.

I assure you, this is far less clever than you seem to think.