PigeonMan

I’m thinking of starting up an Online comic strip. Not that I think it’ll be marvellously popular or anything, but because it’d be fun to get back into it again, and why not utilise the web for what it’s good at?

I’d like to hear what you guys think of that idea. Haven’t done much yet, I’m still trying to think of a good plot for the first few strips to flow around.

But there is at least this:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~guanolad/pigeonman/images/banner.gif

Guano, pal

I think your on to an idea. Pigeons are known to most of us city dwellers and are, generally, not very appreciated. So, I’m sure you’ve got something simmering already, but can we give you some schtick?

SDMB?

Well, PigeonMan is a comic strip I’ve drawn before, so certain elements are firmly established already. I know their Universe reasonably well, and what’s appropriate for it or not. And I know the main characters basic personalities.

This is gonna be fun :slight_smile:

“So what you are telling me, Percy, is that something you have never seen is slightly less blue than something else that you have never seen.”

Why don’t you give us a background scene to set up the character, and maybe an establishing scenario; I’ll bet the TM’s would like to contribute, a la the recent Y.A.R.N. threads (that is, if we can hogtie WallyM7 for a while…)

TT

“Believe those who seek the truth.
Doubt those who find it.” --Andre Gide

At this early stage, I don’t know if that’s such a great idea. To be honest, I didn’t like the Y.A.R.N threads.

And, in the same way that professionals (authors, scriptwriters etc) can’t accept unsolicited ideas because if they then subsequently come up with one that matches a submitted one unknowingly all sorts of bizarre ‘rights’ issues start creeping in, I don’t want to be in that kind of awkward situation either.

I know my characters and what they would or wouldn’t do.

Believe me, I’ve had similar troubles before (though on a minor scale).

I saw your comic sample on a previous thread. It looks like you have a great concept here. Go for it.

And make sure to tell us where we can find it. :slight_smile:

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.