Pinkivee, stop thinking with your vagina.

Inb this context, “tragically” means “who gives a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut if you don’t like it, so stuff the whining”.

See? You really do understand; you were just trolling.

Regards,
Shodan

Perhaps she’s a trollop?

No, actually, I *wish *she was a troll. I have the sinking feeling she’s quite sincere. There was a woman who sounded much like this on NPR yesterday (only she sounded well educated enough for punctuation) - basically decrying the “sexism” from the Dems and saying that, as a self-labeled feminist, she was going to vote for Palin. Oh, yeah, and McCain, I guess. She actually didn’t mention him AT ALL.

There are women just this stupid out there - voting for Palin because she has a uterus. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is sexist. Vote for her if you hate abortion, if you prefer dictatorships to democracies, if you think foreign policy is a fuel stop in Ireland, sure. Vote for her if you agree with her on the “issues”. But don’t vote for her 'cause she’s got a clitoris!

You seem to have confused elite with elitist.

OMG–I heard her, too and I could only sit there, shaking my head. She sounded much more educated that pinkyV here. I’m starting to wonder if education really is the panacea that most people seem to think it is…

You’ve got my vote. Wanna bring it to Ed?

Amen!

I know this is the Pit, and the rules are different here. But in the spirit of fighting ignorance, would you please explain your rationale for calling Lynn Forester de Rothschild a racist?

Just call it a hunch. None of her other explanations make any rational sense, and we all know that “elitist” has long been code for “uppity.”

Dearest Gozu,

When you originally posted the link to this thread I just could not make myself look into the pit.
My first reading of this thread was today.

“butt-hurt man-hating traitor” <~~ pretty good insult (*** out of 5)

“vurvurating splonge foodles” is just waaaay over my head (poor me)

I just can’t keep up with the rest of you people. My desire to insult total strangers has diminished over time.

The pit is fun, I can see why you come here. It’s like a demolition derby without the protection of steel bodies and flame retardant suits.

Pinky

So glad you like it here. Come by anytime. The door is always open for you.

I’ll bet it is !:eek:

Diogenes, I’m 99.9% with you, especially on the topic at hand, but I’d like to modify this current meme. “Uppity” has long been rural working-class “code” for “too big for their britches”. I’ve heard it often used by people of white, black and Latin heritage about someone whose arrogance was unmerited – usually a supervisor, usually white. I’m certainly receptive to the idea that racist whites have employed it frequently to describe blacks of superior intelligence or achievement to their own, but it’s not the only usage out there, or in my experience, the oldest.

band name! :smiley:

No, “elitist” is code for “intelligent, level headed, and self-controlled, with a bit of good taste thrown in.” “Uppity” is code for “racially inferior.”