Pirate Radio [spoilers]

Watched Pirate Radio (a.k.a. The Ship That Rocked) last night – not a very good movie, alas, and I totally didn’t recognize January Jones, but I did watch the whole thing.

At the end, why did
.the ship sink? Did it run into something? Did something run into it? Or was it just too old and in too bad condition to be moved?

They tried to move it to a new location, and the old engine blew up, putting a hole in the ship.

Ah. I thought the sound of the explosion was the sound of an impact – my first thought was that Kenneth Branagh’s minions had rammed into the boat.

If any of the dialogue explained that, I, obviously, totally missed it.

Thanks!

“Minions” implies more competence than they deserved. I think “lackeys” is more fair.

Just saw this and enjoyed it. Light hearted fun.

Dumb(ish) movie, but I had to love it when one character tries to rescue my favorite album from the sinking ship and another grabs it from him, tells him it sucks and throws it in the ocean.
Story of my life. :smiley:

I saw the movie last year and really enjoyed it. The soundtrack was the soundtrack of my youth, and I’m fascinated by the whole Radio Caroline, Radio London thing. And who can resist a movie with Bill Nighy and Philip Seymour Hoffman?

Yeah, the entire movie exists for the sake of the soundtrack.

And I’d go see it again, just for that.