Pit for ZosterSandstorm

This post here

The notion that chronic pain is all in someone’s head baffles me. This is the kind of ignorance and attitude that gets people killed. Yes, there are addicts in the world, but treating all chronic pain patients as addicts leads to patients who can no longer function in society, and to deaths. No, most people who take pain pills to function are not “checked out of life on oxy”. Yes, if you really need some examples of suicides due to untreated pain, I can find you some.

Kudos to @Buck_Godot for starting his thread in GD. I find you a heartless fuckwaffle, so I’ll put this one here.

Fuck all the way off, and when you get there, keep going,

Yeah. I have one friend who’s on opioids for chronic pain. He has a genetic disorder that, IIRC, means his body doesn’t produce collagen correctly, and it leaves him in debilitating agony and will eventually prove fatal. He’s, uh, not exactly a rich white person; a couple times he’s made it through the winter by virtue of financial help from friends. We’re hoping his SSDI payments, which he finally qualified for after years of being denied because of horrific bureaucracy, will make that unnecessary.

Many (most?) disabled people are not wealthy. A shocking number get by financially by asking for money in order to eat, pay rent, and get their prescriptions. I’ll probably start a different thread on the disability “safety net” that exists in the country. Spoiler: it’s very, very bad.

Yeah. It’s hateful bullshit. I already called it when he was sure that chronic pain of a poster’s relative was just “addiction” and lambasted them for suggesting that this was different than pill seeking.

As I believe I said, he’s completely wrong about what “addiction” means. It’s not a catch-all term for any form of dependence. It specifically refers to someone with compulsive, drug seeking behavior that continues despite harmful consequences.

The way he talks about this stuff very much seems like he’s trying to start a fight, which is not unusual for him. He seems to hold addicts in contempt, and sees those who are unintentionally dependent as addicts, and thus also worthy of contempt.

Yeah. I’ve known several people to commit suicide because they were told they were taking “too much” opioid (i.e., the amount they needed) and were cut down or off. Their pain wasn’t manageable by other means or at the lower dosing schedule.

In my work, I’ve had terminally ill clients have to argue for adequate pain control even though they are in intractable pain from cancer and are medically expected to die shortly.

Now, I am not commenting on the accuracy of the notion that pain in all in the brain but the idea isn’t out there in a vacuum.

Have I told you lately that I like you?

I have heard about phantom limbs before, but I need to do more research on it. I believe that trauma to the nerves may be involved. So you feel the limb, but the signals are from farther up the tracks.

Well, duh.
Of course all pain is in the brain, but - so what?
That doesn’t mean it’s any less painful. If medication helps, it should be available.

There once was a Faith Healer of Deal,
Who said “Although pain isn’t real,
      If I sit on pin
      And it punctures my skin,
I dislike what I fancy I feel.”

ZosterSandstormfront pitting has been a long time coming.

Feel free to add your reasons to the thread.

I’d have to say it’s pretty simple: He’s a Nazi, going by the corpus of his posting here. I get more Stormfront vibe than sandstorm vibe when seeing his nonsense.

The impression I get is that he somehow needs the comfort of a clearly dichotomised world. Good OR bad, ill OR an addict. The fact that reality doesn’t work like that seems to baffle him. Unfortunately he shares that trait with many people.

I did a quick search on what can legally be done.

https://rsds.org/your-pain-your-rights-dealing-with-your-physician-and-your-hospital/

A physician can abandon a patient whom he views as drug seeking or who has in some way “violated” the informed consent agreement. Although state laws and medical ethical rules do not allow abrupt termination of a physician-patient relationship, a prescriber does not have to keep you in his practice. If you are stable and able to find another physician, he can terminate you if he provides a brief written explanation of his reasons. An oral message is insufficient. The physician
must also agree to continue your care for at least 30 days and he should also provide a referral.

However, if you are at a critical or important point in your treatment, abandonment by notice and 30-day care is not permissible under common law. This restriction should apply to a patient taking opioids for pain because the consequences of withdrawal for a person who has a chronic illness could be significant.
Additionally an un-medicated patient may face a return of the pain that had been mediated by the opioids; he will almost certainly experience anxiety and distress. In short, a period without continuity of care could constitute a medical emergency. It seems logical that refusal to treat a patient until the patient has obtained another physician (or perhaps until it becomes clear that the patient is not making a serious effort to transfer care) should constitute abandonment.

What Can You Do?

I’m not sure that tactic will help the community with ZS unfortunately. :confounded:

I’m sorry ZS? ???

The poster being Pitted here. People are saying that poster ZosterSandstorm is being a jerk in this thread:

It seems like your post would go better in that thread, rather than this one. You may have posted in the wrong thread by accident.

In one of the CRT threads, ZS misrepresents what his cites say, what other people’s cites say, and what pretty much every single poster he replies to is saying - basically, virtually every post from him grossly misrepresents whatever he’s commenting on. He is utterly incapable of debating in good faith, preferring to simply build strawmen he can knock down. And then he whines about others strawmanning him.

He’s also doing it in the ATMB thread on the Pit. Because why not play to your strengths?

I’m surprised that his earlier bullshit didn’t get him pitted before. The post that got him pitted here is actually less offensive than his earlier bullshit, but I guess it’s the straw.