Pit thread for Martin_Hyde {He has been BANNED}

You’ve given me even more information! Now I know that your keyboard has a 5, a 2, and a 9 on it.

Hah! He’s got at least two kids with 529s. I’ve almost zeroed in on him.

But maybe he’s bluffing. Maybe he has two parents with 401ks.

Just reminders from the OTHER pit thread for M_H

and my contribution to that thread

M_H has by his own admission, hated and despised us for nearly two decades. He is a self admitted troll. He is a skilled troll in that he continues to hide behind a paper-thin mask of civility… until it slips.

It’s not worth it people. Listening to him try to defend himself, or putting up with his existence because he is capable of being smart and well reasoned on some subjects is just the same as putting up with that crazy racist coworker who’s good at his job, but everyday in the break room goes into a rant about how (as a NOT random example) the greatness of the USA justifies the way Native American peoples were killed and driven from their lands.

He is a blemish, and you’re picking at it, which only reinforces his desire to show us his so-called superiority. I don’t blame you, but why bother? Time for a mass ‘ignore’ from everyone and maybe he’ll go elsewhere.

Or when he forgot whether he went to a federal service academy or some other school.

Man, that’s some hilarious stuff ASL_v2.0 brought to light.

Did you really just compare people making snarky remarks about someone on Giraffe boards to outting a person for committing stolen valor? Dude, seriously.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s a good point. Makes you wonder why he’s here in the first place, given things like this:

No, @Martin_Hyde, this community does not “behave contemptibly”. This community does, however, tend to be aggressively critical of a select few assholes who richly deserve it, of which you are a prime example.

The sentiment you express here, and the bits quoted above by @ParallelLines, are tantamount to a pretty explicit admission of trolling. You admit you are here, basically, to get your jollies by posting in bad faith under an admitted veil of lies about who you really are and the things you’ve really done. Not a single thing about you is authentic. Which not only makes you no better than a bot and a useless asshole who apparently hates everyone here, but also violates the registration rules about posting false information, particularly the part about “We reserve the right to revoke the posting privileges of persons misrepresenting themselves on the SDMB.”. Those of us here who wish to retain our privacy simply do not post personal details. This is not hard to do for anyone with half a brain, but you seem to regard it as some sort of exceptional skill that is beyond you. Really? Or are you just an unprincipled inveterate liar?

Yes, I have mentioned it before on other forums–and I think even on this one, although not in this detail here. No, I would not link to another forum I participate in–that would give people a whole second set of posting history to delve into for attempting doxxing.

Not even close–again, this is a place that literally glorifies race baiters, the mentally ill, communists etc. You’re seriously suggesting I undermine myself to an attempt to appeal to those people?

That won’t be happening. I’ll post here as long as I have posting privileges.

I actually tried to search for it but it’s been long enough I couldn’t find any obvious posts. It’s also possible I misremembered, but I was fairly sure it had come up before specifically related to what year I turned 18, and someone noticed a mismatch.

You probably need to relax if you’re living and dying based on the typing indicator icons.

I am not a troll.

I only obscure specific, identifiable information about myself. Is there a requirement that everyone validate every personal detail they post on this forum? Do you actually think that’s a reasonable hill to die on?

If they want to revoke my posting privileges then so be it. My argument is that obscuring personally identifiable information is not “misrepresenting myself.” It is simply changing minor, identifiable details in otherwise materially accurate anecdotes.

Isn’t this banning type of behavior?

I didn’t think I was doing that. I thought I was just making the point that participating in one’s own Pitting is a no-win activity (once one has taken conceding the point and apologizing off the table). I’d say it was just MHO, but since it’s a non-debatable fact, that would feel counter to my peculiar modus operandi.

That’s because the sort of people who participate in Pit threads are the sort of people who happily joined into lynch mobs. It’s the exact same mentality. The Pit is a good place to see the moral depravity of this board on prime display.

It’s abundantly clear from the many examples cited above that a great many of these lies are by no means “minor” (nor do they concern “identifiable details”). Many of these lies have been blatant misrepresentations of who you are and what your qualifications are, such as being a colonel in the US Army or being an elected member of a school board. Were you any of these things? Were you only a Captain in the army? Were you ever in the military at all? Elected to anything, ever? All we know is that you admit to being a long-time inveterate liar. Nothing you say can be trusted. This makes your value as a poster here pretty much zero.

Nice of you to bring enough moral depravity for everyone, you lying, psychopath.

I have already stated–I have made no material misrepresentations.

I think perhaps what you’re not grasping is the fact that while this seems reasonable to you, no one else can tell which details are altered and which are true. No one else has reason to believe you limit yourself to only minor details and not entire anecdotes, especially after admitting you find it easier to lie than take any other action to protect yourself. This explanation only makes you look worse.

Also, your inability/unwillingness to provide any prior evidence for this “technique” makes you seem a lot less like a person invested in their long term safety and a lot more like a pathological liar caught out in their lies.

And you decide what is material, PFC Hyde?

Put up or shut up, troll.

That’s only if you ascribe some importance to the credibility of biographical details of an anonymous person, which are not salient to typical discussion threads in their specific form.

“Yes, please help us doxx you to prove you take efforts to prevent doxxing on other forums.” Please.

That’s true of every poster. Everyone is posting some form of themselves into text, but it isn’t going to be 1:1 to reality. Knowing which year I was born, or what year I graduated High School, what State I live in, or highly specific details about my professional career, are not material to any discussions I have here.

Have some respect for your senior officer!

Speaking of race baiting…

Really? Everything I have posted about my biographical details, wisely or unwisely, are true to the best of my recollection.

And I don’t mean that I might have forgotten that I’ve made up stuff dozens of times. I mean that I may have misremembered some details of anecdotes from 20-30-40-50 years ago.

Like a normal person would. Not an egotistical liar.