Pitting Jim_B

You posted this absolute bullshit:

I don’t have a cite just at the moment. But I know a little while ago, there was this rather unique religious discrimination case.

Pakistani taxi drivers in New York claimed their religion forbade showering and bathing. So thus, when their bosses (and presumably other people) complained, they cried religious discrimination.

Now federal and state law does protect against religious discrimination. But not bathing and the body odor that would result. Is that a legitimate claim?

I know rights is always a balancing act. This person’s claim against another’s. You see why this would be a unique situation.

Oh, and I know that this is Great Debates. But I still have to ask. How did the situation ultimately turn out?

Thank you in advance for your kindly replies :slight_smile: .

for which you got this comment from one moderator:

This sounds like absolute nonsense, and if you have no cite, it was an irresponsible and racist thing to post. You do know about Google, right?

The thread is closed and further moderator action may happen.

and this well-explained warning from another:

Starting a racist thread in GD without even a crappy cite. You know what we call that? A warning for Jim_B.

If you do something like this again it will be a suspension.

It seems fairly straightforward. You posted an asinine obviously racist rant and then pretended that putting an emoji at the end made it all okay because, after all, you were “just asking an innocent question”.

And this is just my humble opinion, but you might want to hold off using the word fact until you actually learn what one is.

You are right about one thing, though. Accusing someone of being a racist is very serious. How’s about you not post racist stuff so’s you won’t have to worry about being called racist? As one of the late show hosts said not so long ago (I’m paraphrasing here, but not changing the meaning at all), “Today’s racists are quite offended when they are called racists, but they have no problem with being racists and doing and saying racist things”.