Pitting the crybabies 😭 on the Supreme Court

I don’t want to hear your whining about being criticized by the media or the public. You don’t want to be “intimidated.” Well, with great power comes great responsibility, and you might get criticized - oh no!! Big fucking crybaby. :baby:

I don’t know if there have been threats of violence, probably have been and I don’t condone that at all.

However, you don’t get to fuck over half the population the way you did with the Texas decision and then get all defensive about your fee-fees and not wanting to be seen as a partisan hack, which you are. Maybe you’ve been spending too much time with Mr “I Like Beer.”

And this doesn’t even address all the other decisions over the years like Citizens United and allowing states to opt out of the Medicaid expansion. A hearty fuck you.

What pisses me off is that apparently they’re fine with Donald Trump using Twitter to let them know he expects them to rule his way in exchange for appointing them. They’re OK with Donald Trump and his operatives telling the world they’re corrupt whenever they don’t rule in his favor.

They even seem to be fine with Trump operatives like Lin Wood spreading the narrative that John Robert’s adopted children are child sex slave he received as part of some agreement with Jeffrey Epstein.

But if a liberal legitimately criticizes their rulings, they start clutching their pearls and screaming.

Good point! So infuriating. And we’re just supposed to forget that three of them were stuffed onto the Court by the biggest partisan hacks of all, Mitch McConnell and Trump et al.

I thought there might be some poetic justice having Merrick Garland as AG. I guess I’ll just wait.
(Not saying that he should look to investigate opponents. No. But all those Barr roadblocks- they’re gone now, right?)

link 1

(lÄ­ngk)

n.

1. One of the rings or loops forming a chain.

a. A unit in a connected series of units: links of sausage; one link in a molecular chain.

b. A unit in a transportation or communications system.

c. A connecting element; a tie or bond: grandparents, our link with the past.

a. An association; a relationship: The Alumnae Association is my link to the school’s present administration.

b. A causal, parallel, or reciprocal relationship; a correlation: Researchers have detected a link between smoking and heart disease.

4. A cufflink.

5. A unit of length used in surveying, equal to 0.01 chain, 7.92 inches, or about 20.12 centimeters.

6. A rod or lever transmitting motion in a machine.

7. Computers A graphical item or segment of text in a webpage or other electronic document that, when clicked, causes another webpage or section of the same webpage to be displayed: That newspaper’s homepage includes links to numerous government resources. Also called hotlink , hyperlink .

^ This (& screw Discourse)

How about this:

Still kinda stunned that you can get a seat on the Supreme Court by angrily defending your alcoholism.

Well, not just that.

Eh, when push came to shove, that is what he did. Angrily defended his alcoholism.

My bad, but I guess I figured most posters here would have heard of it (Alito complaining about being “intimidated” by criticism and ACB saying ‘we’re not partisan hacks!’) given the conservative SC packing and terrible decisions that have come from it in recent years IMO.

Nothing on the front page of NYT or WaPo, so the reference wasn’t immediately obvious. I appreciate the link!

Stranger

Thanks, except now I’m filled with rage at those disingenuous bastards.

Yes, sorry about that. It was a post made in impotent rage because it seems like there’s nothing to be done about this outrageous SCOTUS and their crybaby, beer-loving partisan hacks (or any of the hacks in Congress or the anti-vaccine, anti-mask, willfully COVID-spreading morons amongst the populace). I’m SO TIRED of this shit.

So seeing Alito being all “waaah” about being criticized just hit my last nerve. Like, OMG and WTF. He’s intimidated by criticism but never mind Greg Abbott intimidating pregnant people and their health care providers.

When judges legislate from the bench, they risk the possibility that a future Executive may decide to play judge from the White House.

Maybe you should relax and have a beer?:

Stranger

You can also harass women who work for you.

Beer-Boy just caught COVID.

( Seems fair. )

Caught corona?