Plans for Star Wars 7,8, and 9?

Nope. Neither was in the original release (which I also saw). At ‘Empire’ we first saw “Episode V” and after that it was added to the first movie.

There’s a cite to this effect on the official site, but I can’t find it at the moment.

Star Wars #7 : The Return of Jar Jar Binks.

Except this time, Jar Jar shoots first.

Legomancer’s Right

Amen

The quality of Shadows of the Empire being left to individual opinion, I’ll correct two little factual errors.

Six months. And there’s so much stuff set between ANH and ESB already that people are struggling to place it all in order: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Starship/6618/timelines/ANH-ESB2.HTML

He jumps to hyperspace moments before the asteroid hits the ship. Presumably he’s alive, but he hasn’t appeared since.

If they make a movie based on Dash Rendar, I hope one of those “replacement cousins” on Dukes of Hazzard play him.

When was it put in? I have the impression that if not in the original release, it was very early. Is this another “false” memory like my alien abduction and satanic abuse?

According to the aforementioned weblink, the re-release with episode 4 added was April 10, 1981.

ArchiveGuy (appropriate in this case, since we’re looking at the archives), posted this link from the official Star Wars website and that contains that information. Thanks for finding the linkArchiveGuy. I knew that I should have looked up and posted it before; despite the number of times that it’s been discussed before, there are always those who missed the previously displayed proof.

The title “A New Hope” was added before the special editions (1997, twenty years after the original). I have the boxed set tht was remastered in THX, from 1995, and It bears “ANH.” And I’m sure the title predates this set.

In a recent interview, Lucas said that, after Episode 3, he’s going to make more movies like THX 1138… essentially, “I’m gonna make my own funky, weird, bizarre movies, and if people don’t like it, fuck 'em.” I’m betting that, at best, he’ll make two of these kinds of movies, lose HUGE amounts of money on 'em (I don’t care how much money you have… if you lose 100 million, that’s a big dent in your wallet), and THEN he’ll announce the creation of Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

That sounds about right.

According to the IMDB:

The episode number and subtitle “A New Hope” did not originally appear in the film’s opening crawl. These were added to the April 10, 1981 re-release to be consistent with those seen in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Do NOT dis the Ewoks. Yub yub!

One story I heard, don’t know where, don’t know when, don’t know from whom, was that after Lucas finishes the current trilogy, Disney was going to take over for 7, 8, and 9.

I have never seen or heard anything about this story since and apparently am the only one to have heard it. Personally after seeing the last two, I would just as soon have Lucas left well enough alone and not bothered.

The Borg?

The Yuzhan Vong, a rather UN-Borg like species that uses biological ships and weaponry. They find technology (and droids in particular) to be heretical, and see fit to invade the galaxy, purge it of technology, and eradicate the Jedi.

Their notable accomplishments include conquering 75% of the galaxy to date, destroying and remaking Coruscant, and killing both Han and Leia’s youngest son, Anakin, and our beloved wookie Chewbacca.

Is this some kind of joke that you’re whooshing us with? According to your profile ("Biography 25 y/o male with weird interests. ") you weren’t even born when Star Wars was originally released. Did your mother use Star Wars to imprint you in the womb?

The Yuuzhan Vong are a cross between the Borg and the Zerg. Not that that’s a bad thing… there’s only so many “alien archetypes” that one can use in sci-fi, and the Bio-Religious Bad Guy shtick is one that hadn’t been used before.

Maybe one of his weird interests is time travel?