Please decipher this entry in a police event report

in re this event report which is on page 46 of this document http://www.wagist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/911CallHistory.pdf

At the bottom of a section which is toward the middle of the page of the event report, there is the following

Assigned Units/Status: Smith, Timothy-S2711-PEU; Ayala, Ricardo-S1312-PEU

The entry which is fifth from the top of the list of notes entered in the History section has the following entries in a row under a column with the following headers:

Crtd_DateTime			TermID	EmpID 	RadioId		CmdId	Remarks 
02/26/2012 19:17:11		4027	S25894	S2711		ARV

Does this indicate Timothy Smith reporting his arrival at the scene @ 19:17?

Is there any way to demonstrate that it does or does not indicate Timothy Smith’s arrival @ 19:17?

I don’t think you can know enough to say. To me it looks like CmdID is a command ID, possibly meaning who made that checkin report. One of which is might be “Dispatch” (DIS) but what does ARV mean?

Anyway, you can’t do more than guess unless you know what the codes and abbreviations mean. You need someone familiar with the form, maybe a police officer wither professional experience in that jurisdiction or an attorney who practices criminal law in that jurisdiction and would have seen the form and heard it explained many times in court.

As a computer programmer with more than just a few years under my belt working with databases, I would venture a guess that the “Crtd_DateTime” stands for “Created DateTime”. That would be the time the record was created. Depending on how the record was created, it may or may not be the time the officer arrived on the scene.

The “ARV” certainly does look like an abbreviation for “Arrival” or “Arrived”.

First, this report looks like it was probably generated from a CAD terminal of a police or 9-1-1 dispatcher. Such a system is used to record various data about emergency calls for service but it is only as good as the data input into it.

For example, on page 1 in the top left there are times for various status (Connection, Dispatched, Enrouted, Arrived, Cleared) states of the responding officer(s). Those times are only as good as the person who was punching buttons into the computer. The act of dispatching the officer by radio does not automatically make an entry into CAD.
So, as the the OP’s question, page 46 of the link provided shows Officer Timothy Smith and Officer Ricardo Ayala were assigned to respond to the incident.

There are three entries noted at 02-26-2012 19:17:11.
They were all entered from a different computer terminal (Term ID 4027) than the terminal used to set up the report (Term ID TM21). That is not unusual. It is likely that those entries were made from a computer terminal mounted in the police cruiser.

It is not likely that these notations are the proper marking of the arrival time of Officer Timothy Smith at the scene. There is usually a single button on the CAD terminal to click to mark an officer’s arrival on scene and arrival time of the first responding officer would also be reflected in the top left corner of that page.

If, however, the dispatcher had not clicked the button to properly mark the arrival of the officer a notation in the notes might reflect arrival in the manner noted. I would call it sloppy, but not unheard of.
Most interesting thing I note about page 46 is the top right of the page where the curret status is noted as DELETED. This may be because the report was considered a duplicate (when more than one call is received about an event it is common to combine all information into one report and cancel or delete any duplicates).

I am not sure what ARV means in this context if it is not referring to arrival of the unit. But… in British style policing we use the ARV abbreviated for Armed Response Vehicle - a police unit that carries weapons. Most of our officers are unarmed. But since most US officers are armed I am not sure this abbreviation would have the same significance.

Calling Loach

Can’t really help you. This is in a completely different CAD format than what we use. Anything I can say is just a guess. But for what its worth I think Iggy is correct. It indicates that Smith arrived at 1917. But that might not be exactly accurate. It usually means that the dispatcher has to log in the arrival. If it is busy and they are in the middle of something they might not punch the button right away. But usually the radio transmissions are recorded and can be synced with the computer to get an accurate picture.

But Iggy did provide an important clue which I had overlooked.

Examining the other reports in that document reveals that the Arrived matches with the ARV entries.

f’rinstints
on page 45 next to Arrived in the top left, it reads 20:34:43
the first note on that page with ARV is in @ you guessed it 20:34:43

This patterns carries through the records.

So, that seems a strong indicator that ARV is associated with Arrived.

It may be that if an arrival time is entered on an MDT (Mobile Data Terminal = computer in police cruiser) that it is treated differently that an arrival time entry at the dispatcher’s CAD terminal in the station. That would be a vendor specific issue.

All I can say is that WE do not enter anything in our computers as we arrive. We say it over the radio and dispatch will enter it. Or sometimes not if they don’t hear. Or do it a little later if they are doing something else at the time. It’s possible that some departments have their officers click something on their computers when they arrive.

Thank you for your help.

There’s still an off chance that we will get some input from some Seminole County LEO who can come in and provide some more insight.