Please describe a time that you had contact with a murderer.

:confused: :confused:

Whatever…do these count?

My sister, about 5 years older than me married a guy whose sister (my age, and graduated with me) was murdered. Murderer never found.
My stepson was great friends, and still is tho the guy now lives in Louisiana, with a brother of a convicted murderer now on death row in CA.

Close calls but they really don’t count as actually talking with the murderer. :wink:

[sub]still confused about the ‘two nice 3 guys’ :eek:[/sub]

Wow! That’s really awful!

I guess now I can claim Robert Blake.

I met him last year. Well, ‘met’ was more like he asked me a question about what a gathering of people on the street was about and I said “Holy Shit, you’re Robert Blake!!!”

I am SOOOOO cool around celebs.

Oy!
Vanilla!
No can let this go yet.
With all due respect, may I playfully rag on you for just a bit more?
Um- what logic is there? I don’t see any logic. And yeah- I’d be paranoid to write Manson, but if the choice was
a) Just go check out Helter Skelter and read Manson’s letters 3rd-hand
or
b) Insist upon that “personal” touch, logically giving my SO’s address because of my “paranioa”,
well,
(everybody whistle along!!) “one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just isn’t the same!”(end whistling)
Also…umm…dude…how does one “rescind” one’s address when Manson’s already received the correspondance?
“Oh-wait-psycho-pretend like you never received coorespondance from XYZ address. We’re rescinding it.”
“Oh-OK-well if you’re gonna do take backs, then I guess I’ll just have to forget about it…”
Am I missing something?
:confused:

Oh-also- the creepiest murderer story I’ve heard on these boards was from someone who had given a ride to Eileen Wournos in Florida.
havne’t seen him speak up yet.
Anyone remember who it was?

Right after college, I worked for a law firm. Our most-junior attorney spent some time doing pro bono work for the local juvenile-offender system, and while most of his cases were serving as guardian ad litem for children taken away from abusive parents, he did represent at least two kids I know of who had murdered somebody while in juvey. I met one; he was a bipedal meltdown, utterly a lost cause.

My wife and I also volunteered briefly for a prison-awareness program. Basically, it was about an informational meeting so people could go into a prison (max, but not supermax) and meet the inmates. A number of them were lifers. Some were the walking train wrecks you’d expect, but some were surprisingly gregarious and superficially normal.

Oh, and my wife’s best friend was in the process of trying to break up with her boyfriend at the time when she unexpectedly discovered that he had shot and killed his wife a few years back. There’s a lot more to the story, but I’ll reserve the details unless my wife says it’s okay to talk about. Basically, though, that’s sort of a deal-breaker when one is trying to psych oneself up for officially committing to ending a relationship, I think.

Well…

A few days after I moved into my new house(about a year ago or so), my dog got run over by a truck(he escaped through a hole in the fence we were unaware of)
A few days later, a friend shows up at my house with a puppie, a brindle pit/chow/husky mix. He had a friend with him, the owner of the puppie, who could no longer keep him. Later that guy(not my friend, the owner of the dog), came up behine another friend of mine in her kitchen and hit her over the head with an asp(collapsable police nightstick kinda thing). But she was a tough biker chick, and she didnt go down, just ran out of the house and called the cops.

They arrested him for agg asault, and the scumbags ex wife bailed him out of jail. To show his gatitude, he hit his ex wife over the head, and while she was out, shot and killed her and her kids…When the police arrested him again, they found out tha t he had done the same thing to his father, and left sitting in his recliner wrapped in plastic for a year or two. He even went by his fathers trailer and mowed the lawn, put out stink purty and such to cover the smell. Then they find out he also murdered his cousin-sister(his family tree didnt branch much), and she may have been pregnant with his child. She was stuffed in a box in a car behind the shop he owned.
Another guy I know killed someone in prison, but it was self-defense.

I once spoke of the phone to Michael Alig, about working in one of his clubs. Didn’t really persue it as I was more of a barfly than a club kid. Which worked out fine since none of the drunks I knew killed anybody.

Oh my god, they’re making a movie about him. Oh, excuse me a movie and a :rolleyes:

(Can’t seem to get the links to work, though.)

And I know a lot of people who knew that East Village guy who boiled his roomate’s head in a pot (and supposedly took bits of her to Tompkins Square Park to feed to the homeless but I think this is just made up to go along with the head-boiling.)

that’s "a movie and a conceptual dance cd :rolleyes: "

sidle: I can’t say as I follow you, there…

anyways, I wrote again and told him the situation and my friends mum didn’t want her address used.
So that was the end of that.

Apparently knowling contact with a murderer is not so completely rare.

I forgot to mention that my wife met Claus Von Bulow on a bus and had direct eye contact with him. She said he looked pretty guilty (whatever that means).

In addition to contact with a murderer, have you had contact with someone you think might have murdered someone?

I was with two friends of mine, A & B, when we ran into guy X, who was married to the sister of B. That woman had been missing for several years and everyone who knew them was convinced that X killed her. Although X didn’t exactly admit to killing her, he did say that he “knew for a fact” the alligators had eaten her, “a little bit at a time.” A few days later, he came by to say that he had been drunk and “just kidding” about the alligators. So far as I know, the woman has never been found.

A student in my old High School whom I had some limited contact with is now serving a pretty heavy sentence for the fatal shooting of a police officer.

I’m not sure if this counts because there wasn’t an actual murder, but a girl who graduated from my current school was kidnapped by a couple of drug dealers. They were making meth, and while high tortured her by holding her face over one of the burners, throwing the caustic chemicals onto her, etc. She managed to escape and find a neighbor when they passed out after a couple of days without sleep.

*Dear Mr. Manson,

While I have enjoyed our lively correspondence, I regret to inform you that our conversation can no longer continue. My friend’s mother does not wish her address to be used in such correspondence.

I wish you luck in your upcoming parole hearing, and please, should you actually be released, don’t hesitate to visit my friend’s mother, that bitch.

Yours,

Vanilla*

My step-dad was the manager of a muffler shop. He was friends with one of his welders who ended up living on our couch for about 6 months. One night about 4am he woke us all up and told us to get out of the house. Aparently he woke up dizzy and sick and had correctly self-diagnosed carbon monoxide poisioning. The FD came and said we would have all died if we’d have stayed in the house asleap. 2 months after he moved out he went to his ex-girlfriend’s house and killed her, her new boyfriend, and her mom with a shotgun.

In my junior year of college I lived in a seedy part of town. A lot of homeless, drug dealers and such lived in the area. My roommate and I took up the strategy of befriending the local thugs so that they’d watch out for us (as opposed to victimizing us) which for the most part worked very well.

One of the local characters was a biker named (and I kid you not) Spike. He was a rough guy and a violent asshole. One night he knocked on our door and asked my roommate if he could borrow a screwdriver for a few minutes. Predictably, he didn’t return it that night. The next morning we saw evidence that someone unsuccessfully tried to steal out neighbors motorcycle with a screwdriver.

My roommate was all pissed off about his tool getting stolen. A month or so later we saw Spike off in the distance. Roommate tells me that he’s going to go and confront Spike about it. I begged him to let it go and he actually listened.

About a week later I read in the paper that Spike was arrested for killing someone over an argument. No, the weapon was not a screw driver.

Haj

My 2 stepbrothers killed 2 and severely wounded another in a drug deal gone bad. Apparently they went to make a deal and the people decided to just take the money and not give the drugs. Very bad things followed.

Danny was on parole already for a double murder he had committed 20 years earlier and had been out of prison only a few months. Rock had been involved in the previous incident also but never convicted. Although everyone assumed that Rock probably participated in the second murders, he never stood trial cause Danny confessed to all the shooting and said that Rock was just waiting in the car and had no knowledge of the murders. I guess he knew he was going back to prison for life this time and there was no need for Rock to do the same.

I should add that Mom married their father Jesse - a wonderful man BTW after I was married and Danny was already in prison for the first incident-not yet paroled- so I never actually shared a home with these guys.

I’m sorry i ever mentioned this!

Funny Sofa.
Actually, he wrote back the second and last time, calling me a little sneak.

Two stories:
A guy I went through school with married a woman I knew from Junior college. I guess at some point he decided to leave her so she drove out to a country road, killed their son and tried to kill herself (unsuccessfully). She served 10 years and is out now.

Another is not exactly murder, just tragic:
A neighbor was backing out of his garage and did not see his son on his tricycle and ran over him, killing him.
5 years later, his brother-in-law backed out of the same garage and killed the other son on his tricycle. The family was totally devistated.