Please describe a time that you had contact with a murderer.

My friend that is, not Manson.

No, no playing card, but a 2 page, written on large yellow lined paper.
My girlfriend and her family were safe: Why would he send his minions to kill her for writing??

Collin Ferguson who killed multiple people on a LIRR train some years ago was renting a room in a friend of mines house at the time. I would see him come and go and occassionally we spoke.

One of my neighbors a few years back ran over his wife with their SUV. She had hit him hard enough to knock his front teeth out (she was a very… tempermental woman). He left, saying that he was going to get emergency dental work and then stay at a hotel. He got in the car, and started to back down the driveway (the driveway was very steep with many switchbacks, and VERY bumpy). She threw herself at the car, presumably begging him not to go. He didn’t notice her, and ran her down. The worst part was that their young children (5 and 7 at the time IIRC) found her after getting themselves up in the morning, getting themselves ready for school, and walking out to the bus stop. They told the adult at the bus stop, who called the police. Very sad. He came by the house sometime shortly thereafter (within a couple of weeks, I believe) to apologize for some things he and his wife had done.

The three year old son of a woman I had known for 10 years was the victim of a murder/suicide by his father in one of those custody disputes that never happens to anyone you know, till it does.

We did business with a company owned by two brothers. One of them hired someone to kill his wife while he watched :rolleyes. The other brother found out and ratted him out, then took control of the company.

I never met the man, but I knew a woman who married a man while he was in prison for murder. Seems he made a living by picking up prostitutes, beating them up and taking their money. A pimp confronted him in a bar one day, and they went outside. The guy came back in and the pimp’s body was found outside. He swore he only talked to the pimp and someone else must have come along and killed him.

When he got ou of prison, he went back to his old job, and was convicted when three of the hookers testified against him. However, because they also claimed to have been forced to perform oral sex on the guy, and there was DNA evidence to that effect, the wife insisted that everyone, including the police, were lying about it.

I was once friends with someone who ended up in jail for killing someone. It was about 8 or 9 years ago so I don’t remember if his was convicted of murder or manslaughter. He should be out by now if memory serves me right.

I remember drinking and partying with him. He was a gentle kind person, fun to be around. Sometimes a little crazy, more in a silly way, when he drank too much. He was one of the punk rock kids I hung out with, and he was homeless at the time, and staying where ever he could - which sometimes meant shelters, sometimes just anywhere where someone would let him crash. He wasn’t that big of a guy, but we all had some big friends. That night - he stayed at the wrong person’s place, and circumstances fell apart.

The circumstances were such that no one in our circle thought he should be sent to jail. He beat to death a man who had tried to rape him, and in the past that man had tried to rape others.
The person who died, perhaps did not deserve death, and I am sure this is not what my friend had intended.

Thing is I remember around the same time, a very wealthy woman had shot & killed her husband and got off scott free. The politics of wealth, sigh, if only my friend had been given a chance, perhaps his life would be better now.

The wealthy woman should have been in prison, and my former friend, he should have been free. I hope he is out and he is well -working on having a life. But he was so young - somewhere between 19 and 21 - I don’t know what prison did to him. I never kept in touch. Some of us who were on the streets with him are doing quite well, myself included. Some are dead, some are junkies, but whatever - he was an intellegent guy, he might have made it.

If you read this Chris - best wishes.

Recently I attended a funeral of a close friend of my fathers. He and my father had been involved in the Civil Rights movement and Republican Movement in Northern Ireland and thus had contact with a lot of people who where not just interested in Civil Rights but in the armed struggle.

At the funeral I found myself sitting with two nice 3 guys with NI accents. The oldest one was living in the Republic and the other 2 where from Derry in the North. They where good sorts and a lot of Guinness was drank and stories and memories of the dead man where shared.

Near the end of the night my father informed me that the older man had been on the run for the last 10 years after been fingered for a series of RUC(Police in NI) assassinations that he carried out. The other two had been locked up in the Maze prison for bombing offences for 20-30 years each. They where on early release as per the Good Friday Agreement. He then went on the point out the other gunmen, IRA commandants etc. in the room. :eek:

Very good funeral though.

Ha Ha. I just noticed manwithaplans earlier post. That was a strange night indeed.

For the chronically lazy The General

Because he’s a psychopath? If it was so safe, why didn’t you use your own address?

The younger brother of one of my brother’s soccer teammates killed a drug dealer in either a deal gone bad or an attempt to steal the drugs outright. I knew him casually growing up but hadn’t spoken to him in years. From what I understand he really wasn’t a nasty violent guy he was just a desperate drug addict.

Um, if your girlfriend was so safe, why didn’t you want to put your OWN address on there? If she would be safe, wouldn’t you be safe too?

I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation…

You gave my daughter’s address to Charles Manson? Oh, it was to be safe - that’s OK then.

When I was a kid, I was walking to the store and a man in a car stopped. He stared at me for what seemed like forever, and then asked me if I knew “Tiger.” He was so creepy that I didn’t say anything, just kinda froze and then he said “Well I guess you don’t know Tiger.” He looked at me in a way that I didn’t understand as a child, but nonetheless I knew that this guy was weird. I remember getting the feeling that he was waiting for me to do something. He started to laugh and then drove off very slowly and I felt like he was watching me in his mirror. Later that night I was watching the news with my family and the guy’s picture flashed on the television. He was a murderer who had escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane. I never told my parents because I felt they might think that I had done something wrong and besides I really don’t think I understood what had happened. Still gives me the creeps to think about it.

I live in Bellingham, WA where Kenneth Bianchi ended his “career” as a serial killer.

His common-law-wife, (at the time) with whom he had a child, is a very nice lady (from my limited knowledge about her) and was a good friend of a good friend of MINE. Their children are about the same age.

My friend used to leave her child with Kenneth when she and her friend did things together. He watched his own child and hers while the ladies went shopping or to have coffee or things like that.

I only met him once, and he seemed like a very gentle soul…he appeared to love his child very much, and to enjoy my friend’s child, too. According to MY friend, after the fact, she never saw ANYTHING off about him, and I have to say that I had NO negative “vibes” from him either.

So I have to say that I think that he truly IS a multiple personality…I just don’t think I could have felt NO weirdness coming from him if he was that whacked unless it was a monster hiding inside in another part of his soul.

JMHO.

Not that I think it excuses him, just…very VERY sad.

I friend’s nephew, who I’ve known since he was born, shot a guy that was trying to get his money back for some drugs he had bought. He got 27 years for 2nd degree murder. He turned down a plea bargain offer of 10 years for manslaughter.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

What the heck would one write to ol’ Chuckles Manson, anyway? “Hey, Charles. I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.” Where would I find his mailing address?

sounds like BS but I know three murderers. knew them before they committed them too.
one guy “wayne” beat a guy unconscious and rolled him off the dock,he drown. this happened in 1993. My best friend at the time was flown in to testify, he saw the beating, but wasn’t there when the victim went in the drink.
another guy was good friends with my little bro when they were younger. “Carl” beat a guy to death with a bat. One day"Carl" found out his girlfriend was trading sexual favors for drugs.This dealer was also “carls” drug supplier. when “carl” found out he called him up and said he was coming over to kick his ass. the guy answered the door with a bat. Carl took the bat away and beat him to death.Then Carl took his kittens and put them in the microwave.
another guy “brooks” beat a man to death this past x-mas eve. he got into a heated agrument with his SO (after a night of heavy drinking) and told his frind he was with that he wanted to “fight someone” so he went and beat a poor fellow to death.
these guys I didn’t know well, but have had many a beers with all of them…

Man, I almost forgot about this one.

Years ago, one of my very first jobs out of college was as an audio engineer. I was working in Richmond, Virginia at the time. Our studio (Island Studios on Grace Street), which produced music and commercial stuff, got a request from the penitentiary for us to come and do a remote recording of two of their inmates playing and singing music they had written. I think the guys were hoping to make a record or something?? I was never clear on that, or who was paying for all of this…

Both of these guys, as it turned out, were convicted murderers.

Anyhow, another engineer and I loaded up the truck and hauled the stuff out there. That was some experience. I had no idea that a girl audio engineer would elicit such an, er, enthusiastic response as we walked through the prison and out into the yard, which is where we set up. I shit you not; it never occurred to me that these dudes would go atomic at the sight of a chick. (Well, in retrospect, duh!!!) But I had led a fairly sheltered life, and was pretty single-minded about just being a damn audio engineer.

So we set up, ran cables, miked the guys, set levels, etc., all under the watchful eyes of no fewer than three gun-totin’ guards. We chatted with the inmates as we worked, and while I don’t honestly remember who the two had murdered, they both insisted that they were innocent. The guys did a pretty good job with the songs as I remember. We got two songs, packed up, and left.

Now, silly me, I told one of the guys my name, and for about two months I got a weekly letter at the studio from one of the inmates, who promised to come look me up as soon as he got out so that we could ride into the sunset on his Harley.

Boy, am I glad I left Island Studios later that year to take a job back home in Baltimore.

Right, the logic is there, but I was paranoid; wouldn’t You be?

His address is the jail where he stays.

Next time, a p.o. box…

The guy who lived three doors down from me as I was growing up was a Nazi war criminal. They tried to extradite him for trial when he was something like 85 years old, barely able to walk, and had little recollection of who he was. The local priest wrote a letter on his behalf. ::rolleyes:: He died before they could decide exactly what to do with him. His wife was really nice… she would give me cookies and milk while my brother mowed their lawn.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this elsewhere on the boards, but growing up it was “the thing to do” to go to the craft fairs at the local prison (Walpole State, AKA Cedar Junction, for those of you in MA). I’m pretty sure I must’ve come into contact with quite a few disreputable types during my visits there, but I was too young to have conversations like “So, whattya in for?”

-BK

ross brymer used to hang around the bar that my wife (girlfriend at the time) used to run.

ross is the guy who killed joe conforte’s wife’s lover (some famous boxer) and did time. after he got out, he was “employed” by one of the gaming companys as collection muscle. he would go around to the bars in rural nevada and make sure the gaming companys got thier cut of the slot machine take. he was leaning on my brother-in-law a little. he liked his sister (my wife) and was friendly to her. old ross is dead now. killed in a shady shooting incident in sparks, nevada.

his van used to be parked outside one of my brother-in-laws bars for the longest time, with broken windows and flat tires. wild cats used to live in it, and i captured one as a pet once. it was promptly eaten by coyotes.

No tip for you, Shithook!