Please explain the German word "Einlaufstraße"

Hi

I’ve searched and cannot find any definition of the German word “Einlaufstraße”. I look forward to your feedback. Danke im Voraus

“Promenade toll, Einlaufstraße leider ohne Flair”, Altstadt …
https://www.holidaycheck.de › prd › altstadt-reggio-di-c… - Translate this page
Apr 19, 2006 - Besucher über Altstadt Reggio di Calabria in Reggio di Calabria : “Promenade toll, Einlaufstraße leider ohne Flair”. Bewertungen beim …

Go to Bing or Google translate, break up the word into syllables. It translates to a running road, or a running street.

What is a running road?/running street ?

Thoroughfare.

Try this; it might help.

That’s obviously not the answer.

But if you only translate “einlauf” it comes out as “enema”, but wisdom prevented me from posting that because I’m pretty sure “Enema Street” was not what was intended, although obviously it’s not completely impossible.

Not very helpful!

I cannot get to the original text.

Einlaufstraße doesn’t really make sense. From context I suspect EinKaufstraße which would translate as “Shopping street”.

Thank you.That makes sense. Very helpful.

“Entry street” seems to be the more popular translation: Maybe entranceway might be better.

From Google Translate:

“Die Einlaufstraße zur Flaschenwaschmaschine” = “The entry street to the bottle washing machine”

“Neutorgasse bis zum Weinmarkt die wichtigste Einlaufstraße für Händler und Reisende war, bevor die Eisenbahn in Nürnberg gebaut wurde.” = "
Neutorgasse was the most important entry road for traders and travelers to the wine market before the railway was built in Nuremberg."

Google translate also shows alternative translations, such as “entry”, and similar forms such as “einlaufen - enter”.

And when I used it, it translated “einlaufstrasse” as “incoming road”.

In the text you link to in the original post it is more likely a typo for Einkaufstrasse, as previously mentioned. The text itself is full of typos and the bit that goes with “Einlaufstrasse ohne Flair” in the heading is:

Translation mostly courtesy of google translate:

That makes even more sense. I’ll go with ‘entry street’.Thanks bob++

Thanks naita. I’ll double-check that word again. I’ll check with some native Germans to find out if the word "Einlaufstraße"is even a word.

Native German here. I’ve never heard that word before. Which does not necessarily mean much since it is relatively easy in German to build compound words by taking two existing words and joining them together; so it would be conceivable that this writer made up the word on the spot. However, based on the context of that link, I’m willing to bet money that it is a simple typo that should read “Einkaufstraße” (shopping street), as others have said. A dead giveaway for that theory is the fact that the text goes on to speak of the disappointing “Einkaufsmeile”, which is a common term for a (lengthy) shopping street.

Here it is again. Does it mean thoroughfare or entry street?

Es ließen sich nicht viele zum Klatschen oder Winken verführen.
Den meisten Beifall bekamen wir auf der Wies’n draußen, wo heuer auch die Einlaufstrasse bis zur Mitte der Schaustellerstrasse gut abgesichert und bewacht wurde.

Could it be an Austrian German word?

In that context I think “entry street” would be an appropriate translation. More specifically, it seems to mean a main passage into the Oktoberfest area. Since that area is pedestrianised, you can only walk it, not drive on it; which explains that unusual term, because it contains “laufen” (to run) and thus denotes that this street cannot be driven on. I don’t think it’s a permanent street anyway; it’s a temporary passage in the Oktoberfest area running between the rides and beer tents.

Are you sure it’s not a typo? In the context, “Einkaufstrasse” (shopping street) would make much more sense, and k and l are right next to each other on the keyboard.

OK. It’s either a typo or a very unusual word, not one I’m going to use.

Thank you all.