Please Help Me Annoy My Daughter

Refer constantly to everything positive with the adjective “Fierce!”/"That’s Fierce!/Totally Fierce/some other description of the word Fierce… or the ever classic: “That’s Hot”

If you want to refer to something crazy- call it then “A Hot Mess” or “A Hot Tranny Mess”
–If she’s a Teen Girl that watched reality TV shows, she WILL die from embarrassment.

Also, refer to relationship troubles as “That’s so O.C!” (It makes no sense, but it’ll still annoy her).

When my daughter was in middle school, I drove her and a friend back and forth. And I put in a tape of Rocky Horror, and sang along. I embarrassed her AND her friend, too.

In high school, when I REALLY wanted to embarrass her, I’d threaten to show up in a muumuu and give her a great big hug and kiss in front of everyone.

At other times in her life, I have acutely embarrassed her by simply breathing.

Why do you have an anniversary with your daughter, and why did you go to DQ on it? :slight_smile:
You could always buy her an 8-track or a record for her birthday of some old band, or maybe of Michael Jackson, and tell her that the clerk said “all the kids are listening to it these days.”

Word to you’ mama!

Just start wearing a fanny pack around all the time. It’s very good for storing all sort of valuables.
Exception: Don’t wear in the shower.

Exception to exception: Unless fanny pack is water-proof.

Medallions, big fuck off medallions ala Saturday Night Fever.

Also car bonnet/hood ornaments

Get a pair of florescent croc’s with some Disney Princess ornaments attached.

My Dad wearing socks with sandals mortified my two sisters on holiday.

You have sandals in Wigan now?

Whatever next, running water, electricity, tarmac roads, pavements? :smiley:

Innit?

Clearly your sisters have never been to New Zealand, where such things are- sadly- still not frowned upon. :wink:

My Hat Collection is a source of perpetual embarrassment to my wife, and I get a lot of mileage out of threatening to wear my Pith Helmet or my Russian Fur Hat out in public when we go shopping. :smiley:

That one could backfire, if it’s something that actually is fashionable in a retro way!

No, just the sandals. They’ve got loin cloths. Discovering fire and inventing the wheel are just around the corner.

I’m assuming Shodan is male, so here’s my all-time favorite “get over yourself, kid!” payback: Our youngest son was in high school when he not-very-discreetly informed his mother than my standard greeting of “Hey, Duuuuude!” (which he knew to be a play on words on the old Beatles song) was terminally uncool, and directed her to prevent me from ever doing it again. I was as gracious as I could be, while preparing to serve my vengance cold. Several weeks later, I was to meet him and my wife for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant frequented by families. Knowing they were already at the restaurant, I dashed home and donned a frayed old pair of plaid Bermuda shorts, black socks, sandals, Hawaiian shirt, floppy straw hat and a fanny pack. When I walked into the restaurant I saw the lad die a little inside. My wife almost wet herself laughing, but did make me take the hat off for dinner.

Feel free to copy the costume, Dan. Consider wearing it to mow the lawn when her friends come over.

Enjoy!

All these ideas are good, but what my own parents did was sublime in its level of embarrassment. Neither was ever what you would call well-built but it didn’t stop them from mowing the lawn - the FRONT lawn - in a bathing suit and sneakers (mom) or wingtips (dad) and socks.

Saying “You betta work!” to everything should just about kill her.

Covered in Post #http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=9847835&postcount=15]17. Ya heard?

Additional variations would be “what up?”, or just plain 'sup? A “yo” after any statement or question is guaranteed to drive them batshit, yo.

Salem, you are my new hero. I can’t wait to try this out.

For the OP - just make up words to use. Create your own slang and see if your daughter can figure it out. "Those shoes are smackin’ " springs to mind. This will give your daughter the uncomfortable feeling that you know a new slang word that she doesn’t.

As a parent, I believe we all have a responsiblility to use as much slang as possible, espeically the words we don’t like, to “uncool” those words. When one of my sons started using “Pimps” and “Hos” (which I hate) to refer to his friends it didn’t take him long to move on to other words once I start using them.

Great. I actually peed my pants a little.

I have to interview a candidate for a job in 5 minutes.

Ask him how he’d handle such a situation.

This thread is the shizzle! I’m laughing my ass off. Although honestly, I thing Shodan already hit the perfect mark with his “that’s how I roll.” :slight_smile:

When referring to anything great, awesome, cool: “That’s pimp!”