please help the HTML impaired

www.pcsearchandrescue.com

on the left side of the page, below the google ad and above the chamber of commerce logo there is a blank empty box. I have tried deleting several things that look like it might be it but it results in deformation of the page.

I am not very good at HTML and barely manage to edit the template this is based on.

Could someone who knows a little more HTML than me tell me what to delete to make just that box go away.

Try deleting the table tags at the top and bottom of this code:

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#003399" width="100%" id="AutoNumber13" height="198">

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-8853535554387310";
google_ad_width = 120;
google_ad_height = 600;
google_ad_format = "120x600_as";
google_ad_type = "text_image";
google_ad_channel ="";
google_page_url = document.location;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
  src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
        </table>

The box you are seeing is definitely a 198px-high table with a 1px blue border (as created by that table tag) but unfortunately I am not versed in how the Google Ads work so I am not sure why you have that table there. If the Google Ads just create its own element and positions itself within the containing element, you should be ok just placing it there inside the existing cell (<td> tag).

that did it, ty :smiley:

drachillix

Here’s something to try. (Well it works on my computer).

You see this line ?
<table border=“1” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“0” style=“border-collapse: collapse” bordercolor="#003399" width=“100%” id=“AutoNumber13” height=“198”>

Change the bordercolor to “#FFFFFF
and change the height to “10”.

Seems as though ZipperJJ beat me to the punch so to speak.
(My posting occurred when I only saw your posting and no one else’s.)

So, if ZipperJJ’s solution worked out for you then great. :slight_smile: