Please, recommend some books for a fan of Auels "Earth Childrens" series (Ayla and Jondalar)

My great grand aunt loves, loves the book series of Jean M. Auels “Earth Children”, with heroine Ayla living an idyllic life in the stone age with her handsome lover Jondalar. This lady lived to see the newest book, part six in the series, which was supposed to come out this year. As it apparently won’t come out any time soon, I want to recommend my great aunt some similar books that she can read while she still can.

Has she read Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series? That’s the first that comes to mind, though it’s not exactly an idyllic setting. It’s about a modern-day woman who finds herself in Scotland in the late 1700s with big studly Scotsmen to fall in love with.

You could check out People of the Wolf by Kathleen O’Neal Gear and W. Michael Gear. It’s the 1st in their ongoing series called The First Americans. Each volume progresses the story as the first peoples spread through N. America from Alaska… There are 17 of them at the moment, taking the story right up to the 1300s or so!

It’s a bit unclear if what we’re trying to recommend here is “stuff set in a prehistoric wilderness” or “sweeping historical fiction with romance that is fun and easy to read and you really get into even if it’s not really great literature”.

If it’s the latter, I recommend The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

Oh, this, definitely.

Thanks, great recommendations all! Keep them coming; not all of them will be translated into Dutch, (for the old lady) although I may read all of them myself in English.