Please white trash people..get your damn pitbulls put to sleep

fucking finally someone knows what i’m talking about. For fuck sakes what took so long for you to show up?

Fine. I will just have to settle for having my kids ride around on a Rottweiler, ‘cause thats classy bein’ European and all.

It is, however, frowned uponin many establishments.

Jane Russell terriers, now that’s cruelty. Poor things can’t go for a walk without getting scraped up painfully.

Your use of ‘to’ when you mean ‘too’ is hurting my brain.

Good Dog, Carl!

Actually, unlike you, Ibanez isn’t advocating the wholesale slaughter of an entire breed. He, like many of the other posters, is commenting on the dogs’ owners.

StG

it’s friccking horrible i know.

And the Belgians! Miserable smug bastards.

A) If you trust any dog, even your own, completely, you’re a damn fool. Every single dog ever born will bite under the right circumstances. Yes, even your very own dog that you’ve raised since weaning and given tons of obedience training and temperament testing. It’s just that what constitutes the right circumstances varies wildly by individual dog.

B) Pit bulls weren’t bred to be “as dangerous as possible.” They were bred to be animal-aggressive, tenacious, and willing to ignore pain–the same as every single terrier breed ever developed. They were also bred to be human-submissive for the safety of the handlers, unlike smaller animal-aggressive, tenacious, game breeds like rat terriers and dachshunds. (And either of those breeds, if not properly trained and socialized, will eat you the fuck up in a heartbeat. I was a vet tech for 10 years, and I’d rather deal with half a dozen pit bulls by myself than one asshole rat terrier or min pin with another person.)

There are days when this seems like a fairly reasonable course of action.

:confused: But… He was killing Norse. So does that make him a good guy or a bad guy? If he hadn’t killed Norse, then the operational trigger wouldn’t have been met. But he did, triggering the need for killin’ Norse. But in triggering the need for killin’ Norse he was, in fact, killin’ Norse.

:head 'splodes:

I know some of you are making light of this thread. But when bull breeds decide they are not happy with a human, it can be harrowing. This video will show you just how fearsome a bull breed can be when it becomes upset. These are dangerous animals, and the woman filming the dog is lucky to have survived.

OP, what do you think a person like this is going to do if he can’t get a pit bull? Do you think he’s going to say “darn, I can’t get a vicious dog, because there are no more pit bulls”? And then maybe get a toy poodle?

I don’t think so. I think he’ll get some other large breed of dog, not spay or neuter it, and treat it badly, either out of ignorance or to deliberately make it more vicious.

Any large breed of dog can be dangerous, and can kill a person if so inclined. Different breeds have had that kind of reputation in different times and places. Pit bulls are not the only breed of dogs that can be vicious and dangerous.

See Suburban Plankton’s link in post #13 for an explanation. In the US, “pit bull” seems to be an official synonym for “dog who attacks someone.” Your dog bit somebody, therefore, it’s a pit bull. I’ve seen it on the news more than once; reporter’s talking about the vicious pit bull attack, footage of animal corralling said dog shows a shaggy long-nosed retriever mix. Still counts as a “pit bull attack” because that’s what the police called it.

My sister has a little white fluffy dog and a young pit bull she got from her BIL when he moved and couldn’t keep him. The little white fluffy dog bullies the pit bull no end. He’s a giant sweetie who has won over a number of people who thought they were afraid of pit bulls.

You might want to click on the video before you comment. The woman is lucky to be alive.

we should all have labrador retrievers. Just my opinion.

There we go! All this talk of killing dog breeds was ridiculously over the top. But now we can discuss the idea of killing people at random, based only on socioeconomic and racial status. Much more reasonable.

Yes. They’re all bitches. Or sons of bitches.

Oh, hey, we’re neighbours. Sort of. I’m in the Mortimer/Woodbine area, myself, not Victoria Park.

No real opinion on pit bulls, though. Our next door neighbours had a rescue one, and he seemed sweet enough.

Ten points to Gryffindor! :slight_smile:

I’ve seen a golden retriever attack other dogs and humans at a dog park.

You’ve bought into some other myths too. For starters, there aren’t enough fatal dog attacks to really bother debating – something like 23 to 28 per year recently, although it’s historically been around 17 averaged over the last 40-odd years – out of a country of 300+ million people. And that includes all causes, such as burglars killed by watchdogs. Saying one type is “responsible for the most deaths” is simply a plurality of that small number – it might be seven attacks in a given year.

And identification of what breed actually bit (if the dog even belonged to a recognizable breed) is unscientific in the extreme – the Center for Disease Control has admitted that we neither know how many dogs of a given breed exist nor how accurate breed identification in these reports really is, and rejects the idea we can scientifically claim one type bites most. Pits are popular – that alone might distort the numbers.

Furthermore, bite reports and claims are fraught with politics and braggadocio. There’s a natural tendency to claim a bite as being from the scariest animal most likely to impress one’s listeners – the same principle that’s behind almost every “past-life memory” being about one’s life as a princess or knight.

It’s true that some pit bull lines have a tendency to be dog-reactive and in some cases dog-aggressive, but not all do. And there are plenty of reactive dogs in other breeds too; we just don’t hear about them as often. “Pit attack” grabs eyeballs and editors know it. But that aside, dog reactivity or aggression is not the same thing as aggression toward human beings. Your Labradors are duck-aggressive, but we don’t expect them to massacre humans; a pit bull can tell the difference between a human and a dog, trust me. We expect them to detect tiny traces of chemicals with their senses – they know you’re not a Pomeranian.

There’s more to learn if you care to learn.