Please white trash people..get your damn pitbulls put to sleep

What kind of person sees a dog playing with kids and immediately jumps to “that dog should be put to sleep”?

You have a point. Maybe i’m just tired of white trash looking crap people walking these murder-machines.

Kill the white trash would be a good start I guess.

No need to have most of them put to sleep, just spay or neuter 'em. That’s more likely to decrease fatal dog attacks than getting rid of a particular dog breed is. Between 90 and 95% of fatal dog attacks involve an unneutered male dog.

There is a pit bull in my neighborhood. She will try to lick your face off if you pet her.

If I may hijack your thread just a bit more, I had a German Shepherd mix come after me in my own yard. I was frightened enough that I would have killed it had I a weapon. The Evile Mrs. Plant v.2.0 had a GSD that was quite gentle. I don’t think it’s a breed thing, I think it is an owner thing.

As I write Cement has a total of fourteen posts, and five of them are OP’s to threads s/he has begun. Based on those threads it sounds to me like Cement has more of a problem with relating to people, and not to pit bulls.

Won’t somebody please think of the children !?!

And a border collie once killed one of my cats. Let’s kill all the border collies!

StG

Thank you. That’s all I ask.

August 2012.

Anyone surprised?

August 2012. Of course. Had to be that or July.

Pit bulls don’t look like monsters. They are actually kind of a lean breed.

Even if they did look like monsters, little kids should NOT be riding them. Dogs are not ponies. This is a very bad idea and will hurt the dog, and a dog that’s hurt may well bite the nearest thing.

Also, I am not a particular fan of pit bulls, but the ones I’ve known have not been murder machines. In fact they’ve been highly trainable and responsive to humans. A dog bred for dog-fighting will not necessarily attack people, but they do kind of like to fight other dogs.

I know of at least one case where the dogs in a reported “pit bull attack” were, in fact, Jack Russell terriers.

Oh come on, surely school’s started already, yes?

I used to think like you and think that pit bulls were “trashy people” dogs. But then I actually got to know pit bulls and realized that they are good dogs who are unfortunately the victims of human cruelty and stupidity.

Yes, pit bulls do tend to be scrappy with other dogs - but HUMANS are the ones who bred them to be like that, because HUMANS wanted dog fighting as a “sport”. HUMANS are the ones to blame for allowing pit bulls to be in situations where they can hurt or kill other dogs.
HUMANS are the ones who mistreat these dogs nowadays to bring out aggression against people (the breed is not naturally human-aggressive - their handlers needed to be able to handle them when the dogs were fighting other dogs).
HUMANS are the ones who keep breeding pit bulls even though there are far too many of them in every shelter in the country and countless pit bulls get put to sleep every day.
I never blame the dog when something bad happens to a child or another pet - it’s the human who deserves the blame.

When someone is educated about what pit bulls are like and responsible with them, they can be wonderful pets. Here’s an explanation about what pit bulls are truly like from an organization that ended up taking in and rehabilitating some of the dogs that Michael Vick abused:
http://www.badrap.org/monster-myths

:p:p:p The humourousness isn’t so much in confusing the breed LOOKS, because from a distance, I can maybe see it, but their reputations are so different. And it explains the point pretty well.

Still, amusing.

Generally speaking, pit bull breeds tend to be friendly to humans but really, really, really shitty to other dogs. But having said that, in the USA pit bull breeds are responsible for the most human deaths every year (and it’s been that way for about a decade). In Canada that isn’t the case, however.

It may be regarded as discriminatory, but I don’t trust pit bull breeds. Frankly, I can’t find myself ever trusting a strangers dog completely, let alone one that was historically bred to be as dangerous as possible. I don’t care even a little bit about people’s anecdotal “evidence” concerning how “sweet” their own pit bull is. It doesn’t change anything–facts are facts, and people are generally willing to admit how awful pit bull breeds tend to be with other animals.

That isn’t letting other dogs off the hook, though. So many dogs just plain suck by nature, and worse still because of their moron trainer/owner. The only dogs I’ve ever really trusted have been Labradors and Golden retriever dogs, Newfoundlands, and St. Bernard’s. Otherwise: no trust from me.

Hmmm…New member, inflammatory OP. Let’s not feed the, umm, pit bull.

I should mention that I’m a service man that comes knocking on your door in a uniform. I know your dog is so well behaved and loves everyone…but please for my peace of mind. “Put your dog in another room”

Is that to much to ask for? I’ve been bit by these lovable mutts one to many times.

Hi Cement! Welcome to the SDMB. If you want a more lively discussion of pitbulls, why not ask a mod to move this thread to a more appropriate forum? The pit, fer example.

Just trying to help.
:smiley:

Pitbulls are lovely dogs.

Most pitbulls are not monsters. The irresponsible owners of pitbulls, or any dogs, who train them improperly and/or let them wander around the neighbourhood, are the real monsters.

I have no problems with pitbulls. But where I’m from a lot of the owners look like this. Obviously it’s not about the dog. It’s more about him and the bad-ass attitude he’s trying to project.