Plumbing Fixtures and Brain Farts

Anybody know what one calls the doohickey you turn/pull on to make the water flow from the tap in your sink? Mine is responsible for a drip that is
S-L-O-W-L-Y
D-R-I-V-I-N-G
M-E
O-U-T
O-F
M-Y
M-I-N-D,
just like in “Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintainence.”

I just feel like I’ll have a better chance at getting it replaced if I can remember what it’s called. . .

Life is short. Make fun of it.

A faucet?

Thank you nickrz. I’m going to go lay down in front of a train now.

Life is short. Make fun of it.

Melatonin,
Try some melatonin to help with your sleep ::snort::
Anyway, I’m no plumber, but do this:
Tie a piece of string around the drippy part of the sink so it hangs into the drain. Then it can drip all it wants and you won’t hear it. Absolute bliss.

I’m very lucky. The only time I was ever up shit creek, I just happened to have a paddle with me.
–George Carlin

Zette, I love you.

Steve Martin told a special joke, made especially for plumbers, on his Let’s Get Small album:

<BLOCKQUOTE>This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job, and he started working on a Finley sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7-inch gangley wrench. His apprentice laughed and said, “You can’t work on a Finley sprocket with a Langstrom 7-inch wrench!” Well, this infuriated the supervisor, so he went and got Volume 14 of the Kinsley Manual. He opened it to page 214 and read, “A 7-inch Langstrom wrench is compatible with a Finley sprocket”. Just then the little apprentice leaned over and said, “It says sprocket, not socket!”

crickets

Were those plumbers supposed to be here this evening?</BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure exactly what you’re talking about, but the procedure is the same for all.

Three options:

1. Fix it yourself (cheapest):

shut off water(under sink, hot and cold)

dis-assemble faucet (electrical tape wrapped around jaws of pliers prevents scratches)

Anything made of rubber or plastic gets replaced. Just take the parts to the hardware store and say “I need these.”

Reverse steps.

1. Replace faucet (easiest, don’t forget teflon tape).

2. pay a plumber $60 per.

Uh, ok four options (thanks Zette).

WOTSB