Podcast sorting

I want to group my iTunes podcasts into various categories, News, Music…I can not find any info on how to do this. Can anyone help?

If you have an iOS device check out the Overcast app, it’s free and far superior to the Apple options (and supports setting up your own custom playlists in the manner you’re asking about.)

What about Windows and/or Android? I’m looking for software for both downloading podcasts and manipulating their metadata. (iTunes won’t install for some reason, so I figured I’d try something else.)

What do you want to do with the metadata? I use the app BeyondPod to download, sort, and listen to podcasts, but I don’t know how you would go about messing with the metadata.

Well, to give an example, iTunes will automatically fill the subtitle field, which is where podcasts usually put the most complete description of the contents. However, Mediamonkey doesn’t do that (or I can’t figure out how to make it do that).

The metadata also determines how and where audio files appear and get organized in audio player apps. I don’t want to have to do that manually. I’d like the software to populate those fields automatically in a consistent way that I can set before downloading.