Poll: Comb-over or rug?

The shape says comb-over to me. I admit I looked at some other pictures of the guy to confirm my impression, but I don’t think a rug would have that shape.

Yeah, I wanted to vote for “marmot habitat”.

Rug. My dad wore one for decades and was very sensitive about it - it looked a lot like that.

I think I can see where the fake hair ends and there’s just a bit of real hair visible on the bottom of the side near the ear.

Rug.

And here you can really see where the hair color changes from strange brown gray to real gray.

Rug, absolutely, and not a good one, either.

Also note the texture change. My dad’s hairpiece was a lot nicer than that, but I know one when I see it.

It’s a comb-over. We went through exactly the same debate for two decades at the University of Illlinois with respect to basketball coach Lou-Do Henson, and despite public opinion to the contrary his was also a comb-over.

With some men, their hair on the sides changes color sooner than their hair on top. If such a man combs over, you get the two-tone contrast. Whereas when you buy a rug, you make the colors match. Nobody would buy a mismatched rug!

Honestly, I think it’s both. He wears the rug for coverage and volume, and then combs the side hair over it, to give it a more “natural” look.

Poor guy.

No, they don’t buy them mismatched, but the denial keeps them from changing the color of the hairpiece to match their greying hair.

ETA - to me the part is the giveaway. If I could get close to him I could tell you for sure.

Voted for comb-over but after bup’s picture, want to change my answer to rug. The two-toned color makes it look like a bizarre helmet.

***Anything ***is better than a comb-over.

Rugs can be good or bad. I once had a coworker who had a little toupee sitting on the top of his head. It didn’t match his real hair on the sides, and the part in it didn’t point in the same direction all the time. (This was not, by any means, the strangest thing about this guy.)

On the other hand, one of my cousins has the most realistic real-hair hairpiece I’ve ever seen. He must have paid a fortune for it (he can afford it).

He has had a couple of wives. Neither had any apparent influence over the mess on his head.

You guys have no idea what you’re talking about, it’s clearly a chinchilla.

Neither, Bald is beautiful. If you must get something go to Hair Club for men.

I voted combover because surely nobody would pay for a wig that bad. But others’ responses have made me unsure.

That made me laugh a lot for some reason. :smiley:

Did you read the thread beyond the title?

He’s got a terrible wig.

Also, I am not a fan of Chillicothe, having recently moved from there.

To me it’s so obviously a rug. No natural part stands that far away from the scalp.If that was his real hair, his scalp would be slightly visible along the division line of the part. Also, the color-mismatch and corpse-like texture are dead giveaways.

This is a comb-over.

I think it is a rug.

No, thanks for pointing it out. OMG, that is one awful looking rug! It needs to be restrained in some way… :eek:

This, I think.

The worst of both worlds! \o/