Poll: Comb-over or rug?

Yep; I’m in transition, so I’ve shortened it to a buzz cut. There’s nothing to distract people, so it’s not a big deal.

I think you may be on to something.

ETA: Has anybody ever figured out what’s up with Donald Trump’s hair?

It’s an insult to rugs. If my rugs looked that bad, I’d convert the whole house to hardwood.

He’d be better off with linoleum.

Shame on you all! The man is obviously suffering from Philoakeyitis

It was fired… I believe in a kiln.

Question: what does Donald Trump have? Either it is the world’s cheapest topee, or a comb-over gone horrbly wrong!

I’ve always thought it to be one monstrous combover. I believe I’ve seen it “lift” a bit in the wind.

Ahhh… so it’s a hairfoil.

I think Trump has the most elaborate comb-over I’ve ever seen.

I’m with Heart of Dorkness and Sage Rat. Unquestionably a rug, the transition to which he has attempted to finesse by combing-over some of the hair from his left temple.

I am resurrecting this old thread to provide what I believe is proof that those who voted “rug” were correct. My wife was in the post office recently and found herself waiting in line behind the mayor. Since it is pretty much impossible to be in his presence and not look at his “hair”, she inspected the back of his head and saw brown fabric in the “whorl” at the end of his part. She managed to photograph the evidence without him noticing. Check it out on Filckr.

Link doesn’t work.

Back in the early '90s, Sulzer was doing a massive comb-over. His part was just above his ear. I haven’t seen him in a long time, so he might have switched to a rug in the meantime.

That sounds like Seinfeld episode waiting to happen…although, the thought of the mayor turning around and saying “it’s real, and it’s spectacular” won’t have the same effect as Teri Hatcher…

Although it is spectacular, in its own way.

Does the link work for you, WordMan?

ascenray, I emailed you the pic.

It looks like it ought to be a spectacular combover from the styling but I looked at a couple different photos and voted for “bad rug”. Another acceptable answer would have been “roadkill”.

And for the record: Donald Trump hairfoil.

It looks like he’s switched to a rug, to me. You can even see the edge going down from his ear where the rug overlaps his real hair.