POLL: Least useful Olympic technical gimmick

I’m referring to all the nifty little computerized graphics that are popping up all over. I think some are quite useful, like when they show the names and flags of competitors in their lanes during foot races or swimming events. Others…well, not so much. Do we really need the field colored in gold, silver, or bronze in the hammer throw to show how far they need to throw it to get that medal?

My personal nomination for the most useless computer gimmick is the little protractor they use during diving events to show just how far off vertical the diver’s legs were as he went into the water. I can see his legs are bent - does knowing that they’re bent at exactly 61.4 degrees really add to my viewing enjoyment??

Well, it makes me laugh when they show it, which they could argue demonstrates I’m enjoying it. :smiley:

I haven’t been watching much, but I have to say that I love the moving World/Olympic record line during the swimming competitions.

The most useless “gimmick” is the camera used to televise Olympic tennis. :smiley:

How about the line showing where they need to be for a world record? The clock is right there, its pretty easy to see if the swimmer is going fast.