Poll: Non U.S. Dopers- which of these figures do you know (check all that apply)

The Brit hatred for Piers Morgan, who I only knew as 1/3 of the host panel on a talent show I don’t watch, has me wondering how well some of these divisive media figures outside of the U.S… Comments are for everybody but poll is for non U.S. Dopers:

Glenn Beck

Rush Limbaugh

Bill O’Reilly

Michelle Malkin

Anne Coulter

Okey Dokey, for some reason it didn’t post the poll, so let’s just change it to “Do you know these people?” general response.

Yes. All of them.

Under the “Thread Tools” arrow there should be an option to “Add a poll to this thread.”

…and I’m a US Doper and I know don’t know who Michelle Malkin is.

Ah, thanks!

Attractive right wing polemicist. Wiki.

Because of the poll choices, I had to lie a teensy bit - I voted “all”, but actually I don’t recall Malkin. Though the name rings a bell.

Then again, I do frequent the SDMB, so am exposed to them a lot more than other Brits would be.

There’s no option for:

I’ve heard of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly and Anne Coulter, but not Michelle Malkin.

The only Malkin I know of is a Russian hockey player in Pittsburgh.
Canadians pretty much share all of your same media though.

ETA: (I had to pick "I’ve heard of all too, but not really.)

I’m familiar with Limbaugh and O’Reilly, but not the others; however, there’s no such option in the poll.

I’ve heard of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and and Anne Coulter, but not Bill O’Reilly or Michelle Malkin. I know Beck is very right wing and works for Fox and Ann Coulter is very right-wing and anti-feminist - I’m sure I’ve seen people post up quotes from her - and Rush Limbaugh is a TV presenter, maybe?

That is an unusually frank comment from Geraldo there! Him I have heard of, because he used to front a panel show of some kind, in the Oprah style I think. It was shown over here during the day for a while but I only ever saw a minute or two of it before realising what was on and switching over.

I’ve heard of all of them, but only because of the intarwebz. If it wasn’t for the Dope and Reddit I’d say Limbaugh and Beck.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to have a poll where we could select the ones we’d heard of, or “none”? Then we could all have marked Beck, Limbaugh, O’Reilly and Coulter, and then you could have come back and told us who this Malkin character is.

As a Daily Show follower, I know all of them. They’re all pretty fucking stupid, each in their own way. Malkin is hot though.

Polls is hard.

(I sometimes make polls as part of my job, and they have to go through a hell of a lot of testing before we release them to the public - and even then they’re usually fraught with issues and complaints.)

Heard of Beck, Limbaugh, O’Reilly and Coulter. Wouldn’t say that equates to “familiar with”.

I’m not sure I’ve ever even heard any of them speak except maybe in the odd sound grab. There may have been an interview between O’Reilly and Stewart somewhere on youtube.

They sort of meld into genre. I probably wouldn’t be able to identify any of them if they didn’t have a mike and a name tag.

Watching (conservative former governor and current talk show host and occasional presidential hopeful) Mike Huckabee on The Daily Show last night I was wondering why conservatives go on that program; after all, TDS fans aren’t that likely to buy his book on how America was founded as a modern day evangelical Christian nation. This post answers it though- it probably gets his name way better known internationally and in other circles than going on one of the Fox News shows where the host annoints his head and washes his feet.

Does it have to be “I’ve heard of them outside the Dope”?

Because I’ve heard of those particular 5, but 99.9999999% of it has been either here or through checking another source based on something said here.

Limbaugh appeared in a video we watched in PoliSci class.

Yeah, I’ve heard of her, but she’s the least familiar. (Yank here.)

Yeah, I had the same problem, but I went the other way and voted “None”. Largely because, despite seeing their names on here many times, I don’t really have any very clear idea who any of them are.