Pardon me, Leechbabe, as I steal your elegant HTML coding…
1. Do you have to pay to park where you work? Do you pay the employer, or buy a ticket, use a meter, or other?
In our office of 60, I think about 35 of us park in the office parking lot as a paid benefit. These 35 were chosen by (1) management (2) people who drive a lot [e.g. salesmen] and (3) seniority. And, oh, (4) those who were slick enough to demand it when they interviewed for the job. That last one makes me a bit bitter, sometimes.
2. Do you have a parking structure, an open lot, or other? Any reserved spaces besides handicapped?
Open lot, valet parking. They do this to pack extra cars in. The folks with a window view of the parking lot claim that they’ve seen quite a few bumps between cars. And if you plan to go out for lunch, you have to tell them when you park your car in the morning, lest you go out and find it’s parked in 5 deep.
3. Do you use a company car?
4. Do you need a permit to park there?
You betcha. Attached to hte mirror. Actually lost it once to a wicked gust of wind, and ever since then I’ve had it taped sideways to the mirror as well.
5. Or is it all of this a moot point for you?
I used to take the bus semiregularly. Was a little surprised that I never heard complaints from the people who had no parking pass that my pass should be handed down to the next person.