Pool crashed into basement. How do we fix this?

I’m sure “troll”, in the context of this thread, is just a euphemism for “comedian”. Are we allowed to accuse others of being comedians outside the Pit?

Not if we use the word “troll,” or any of the many euphemistic phrases associated with it–“Mr. Underbridge,” for example.

Assuming the OP is true (which looks unlikely), Nickel, Please!? is the chapter advisor. In other words, the adult in the room. And the one who is going to be held responsible.

Not if he’s on the planning committee. :wink:

I don’t believe for a second that the OP is true. But I did get a good laugh out of it anyway.

Yep, I’m calling BS on this one.

Well done sir! Well done!

An engineer and a licensed general contractor should called to get work started. The OP is either joking or an idiot, or both.

On the one hand, this is the only post Nickel Please has made and he made it the day he joined. On the other hand, he hasn’t posted this topic on a flood (… okay, not exactly intended, but I’m not sorry about the pun) of other message boards.

Over? Did you say “over”? Nothing is over until we decide it is!

You’ve been here long enough to know insulting other members happens in the Pit and only the Pit, take it there and out of this topic.

They’re probably from University of Phoenix.

Jeez, and I thought a portable hot tub on my neighbour’s deck was a bad idea.

Add me to the, there is nothing to fix, because it didn’t happen, crowd. No one would be asking that kind of question for help here, when they know the severity of the problem, and expecting there would be some helpful solution that one could give on a BB. But he thought it was still an amusing story to tell, anyway.

The dead giveaway that the OP was faked? He posted at 7am Central time (or 5am Pacific, 6am Mountain or 8am Eastern). Either way, I don’t believe that any fratboy is up that early on a Sunday.

Not tuh disagree about tuh ‘faked’:

Yes, he’s supposedly the adult in the chapter house, but I don’t believe he would be awake that early on a Sunday.

Ooh, good catch.

Makes you wonder where the survivors were buried.

Catch what?

Hey, watch your mouth! I’m married to an MIT guy.

Of course I have weird taste in men.

I have theory about this. I think that Nickel, Please!? is a time traveler from the future and he is here asking for advice so he can go back to the future to prevent this from happening.

Which one of these guys do you think he is? I’m guessing he’s the one with the laptop.

http: //metro.co.uk/2014/08/11/chinese-students-spend-hot-summer-by-the-pool-without-leaving-their-room-4828324/

(Link broken due to possibly NSFW articles in the right-rail.)

I haven’t responded immediately for a reason. Many of the posts made me very angry. Being the fraternity gentleman that I am, I restrained myself from posting several days.

Yes, I was awake that early on a Sunday. It’s my internal clock. I am a successful career man that works long hours. I get up early most mornings.

Well, we’re still not sure what were going to do. As for now, we’ve sealed off that wing.