Pope Pimps Beer

*** golf clap ***

You are soooooo right. Stuttgart has much better wine though. The surrounding hills produce some really good wines.

Pepsi + Coke = P p o e = Pope =… RC Cola

What, no Pope with Lime?

Endorsement?

That’s ludicrous.

Clearly, the man needs to launch his own brand.

You have my number, Benny. Strike while the iron is hot.

There were a couple of incidents that pissed off the Native Americans. In one, a commemorative whiskey bottle was made in the shape of a Hopi Kachina religious doll. That was nipped in the bud, and Sen. Barry Goldwater got to smash the mold with a hammer. In another, IIRC, Crazy Horse was pictured on a whiskey bottle. (Crazy Horse was a holy man.)

In both cases, they said, imagine the protests if the pope were pictured on a beer bottle label! Yes, imagine that.

Don’t forget to tithe the bartender.

??
I thought he was a war ‘chief’, a leader of warriors into battle, and a tribal leader not a religious figure. IIRC, just because you had visions didn’t make you a shaman/religious figure, you also did ‘vision quests’ to help yourself make decisions, find your ‘totems’ [and lots of other ideas snagged by new agers and in many cases misapplied…cf indian princesses in a generally NONLINEAGE hierarchy. And before anybody flames me, I do acknowlege that there were some sedentary tribes that did have hereditary governments, but they were not common. ]

Well, it’s nice to see he’s bringing back indulgences.

Looks like they’ll need it, what with the changes Ratzinger looks to be making…

Okay, does this mean the Pope is going to pimp out his Popemobile with a keg and tap?

Man, I wish Anglicans were this cool.

Honestly, I’ll be surprised only if the pitch centers on how drinking this brew makes El Papa more attractive to the sheilas.

Hmmm. Somehow, 'The urine of Christ, the bread of Heaven just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

And the Archbishop of München drank beer form Stuttgart? :o I bet some more people are now glad he’s off to Rome…

Hey, if I got elected Pope, I’d need a drink. And I’d want all my friends to.

Hey, think about it… just as Karol W. had his personal staff be a whole lot of Poles, Joe R. is probably filling the personal staff with a whole lot of his own homeboys. They’re gonna need to send that truck over often. :smiley:

I smell humanizing campaign. Publicize he used to drive a VW Golf, that he likes to knock down a brew, soon people wil be saying, hey, he’s just a regular Fritz, y’know? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not going to put the lime in the Pope, you nut.

Our Lager, who art in Heaven, hoppy be thy taste. Thy wort be done, thy bottling run, in pints and ponies of seven. Give us this day our daily Weiss, and forgive us our spills, as we forgive the barmaid. And lead us not into skunkiness, but deliver us our born on date, for thine is the Pilsener, the Ale, and the Lambic, forever and ever. Amen :wink:

I just hope the Pope does not try to get God to influence the outcome of The Bud Bowl.

Don’t forget Pope2, less carbs than the New Pope that no one liked and was pulled from shelves rather quickly.

That. Was beautiful. I am e-mailing this to my dad. Just wanted you to know.

This made me laugh like a loon as well.

The beer helped.